Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Odd nat'l keyboard pro problem

A friend of mine just got a new Dell Inspiron 4500 laptop, and a natural keyboard pro. The odd thing is that when the board uses USB it has been known to have problems with the keys not responding for 5-10 seconds at a time. When she changes it out to the PS/2 port no problems. She has a digital camera and the pictures from that downloaded fine using USB, just the keyboard is being a problem. So would you relate this problem to the keyboards USB connector or the USB port in the computer.

nope i have not, that would narrow it for sure she just doesnt have any place to put it besides the laptop. So next time i see her i will fool around with it on my computer or something

i had never had any USB related problems with my natural pro keyboard. from the top of my head however, i am guessing that maybe the digital camera is really hogging the USB bus, causing the keyboard to stop responding. Does it only happen when you download the pictures from the camera through the keyboard?

Are you connecting directly to one of the notebook's powered USB ports, or connecting via an unpowered USB adaptor?