Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Mozilla 1.0 is out (not official yet)

It will probably just end up being the same as Nutscrape Navigator 7, which doesn't really show any improvement over 6.2.x, & still has a bug where if you set the text size to 200% you still have to set it again everytime you reopen a Navigator window. Which is really annoying, considering the fact that that's the only reason I use Navigator - because some ppl STILL haven't grown out of the unbeleivably irritating habit of making websites using fixed sized fonts. If IE was able to enlarge those then I could lose Navigator for good, aside from when testing any web work I'd created.

[Purely for the sake of puns] Maybe that's because it really stinks as a browser? smile

Quote:

It will probably just end up being the same as Nutscrape Navigator 7, which doesn't really show any improvement over 6.2.x, & still has a bug where if you set the text size to 200% you still have to set it again everytime you reopen a Navigator window. Which is really annoying, considering the fact that that's the only reason I use Navigator - because some ppl STILL haven't grown out of the unbeleivably irritating habit of making websites using fixed sized fonts. If IE was able to enlarge those then I could lose Navigator for good, aside from when testing any web work I'd created.

ie can enlarge fonts no? View->Text Size->
unless you are talking about something different :P

yes & no - it can't enlarge all fonts, only variable-sized fonts. As an example, go here:

http://212.250.105.231/htmlsite/listings.asp

Try it in IE with Text Size set to largest, then do the same in Netscape, except it's called Text Zoom in there. See the difference?

Another 1 you can see this with is http://www.icrontic.com/

Sadly, several of the sites who post reviews & articles here on NTC insist on using fixed sized fonts as well.

I won't be switching away from Opera 6.03 any time soon although if I wanted to, Mozilla is probably where I'd go.

I still want to know what happend to Netscape 5.0? Who jumps a version? Not even MS does that.