Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
donald

FPS Scores are Bad :(

Hi have a small problem with my GA-8IRXP and Geforce 4 4400 from creative, i dont get good frame rates frown

Ran the following benchmarks

3D MArk 2001 SE and got 4400

and GL Mark gave me an average of 21 FPS.

Using FRAPS in flashpoint i get 14 FPS, Jedi Knight 2 only 18 fps and

comanche 4 gets me 20 fps.

demo for SOF 2, and the columbia map plays fine at 20-30 fps but the ship one plays at 1-4 fps outside and 10-15 fps inside

Now i usually run with all options enabled, and at 1024*768*32

I have a P4 1.7 with 512MB RAM and shutting everything down doesn't help at all. I have XP and the 28.32 drivers. Soundcard is a SB Audigy.

Any ideas on improving performance? i was getting better results with my Geforce 2 Pro!

Thanks

It is quite slow for that machine. Gigabyte machines make a lot of Bios changes. Go here http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/home/a_bios.htm to download the utility that can update your Bios through your internet connection. Gigabyte also has its own "overclocking" utility: http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/home/eztune4/et4_index.htm It may have come standard with your board. At the resolution that you are running that card, the CPU is still picking up the load. You might also check on the creative drivers. Despite the fact that it is Nvidia, creative does play with some things with its own software.

Did you install all the i845D drivers? Like the Intel .ini or the AGP drivers?

got the latest BIOS.

as far as i remember i installed the Intel ini files, maybe i never did cant remember 100% now confusedconfusedconfused

UPDATE: In device Manager the Intel® 82845 Processor to AGP controller has a driver date of 01/07/2001 singed by Microsoft Windows XP Publisher so guess i never installed the ini file