Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

Your Favorite Email Program/s?

Anyone got any email program that they reckon is great?

I just find the regulars such as Outlook, O Express, Netscape rather annoying and restrictive and akward to make good backups of emails. Confusing to try to send as different users with different reply-to adresses ect...

I mean Outlook is allright co you can export to a .pst then after reinstalling an OS you just import again into outlook saving everything intact. Pity .pst doest import into Outlook Express or Netscape.

Pity about all the security holes in MS Email clients.

Anyway what is your favorite email client?

What features do you really like? What is unique in your favorite?

I would just like to find an alternative, since unfortunatley Outlook is allright (Not Great) as a email client, though with practically every virus Designed specifically for Outlook and OExpress, I would just like an allternative.

So whats your verdict?

PS. I know i can hear someone yelling jump to Linux:D, cos they use this that and the other which is free and works great, i would love to as a hobby, but hey just something that will fix me up with MS for the time. smile

Virus's do not effect Outlook so long as you keep your anti-virus definitions up to date.

Been an Outlook user since Outlook 97, very happy with the program and even more so in it's latest form, Outlook XP.

Never been hit with an Outlook virus, Norton takes care of that for me.

I use Outlook Express mainly for its ability to grab stuff from my Hotmail account. For POP3 though I use the email client built into Opera.

I use CopyTo to backup everything.

http://www.ne.jp/asahi/cool/kish/

I am currently using Mozilla Mail. With Mozilla, I can set my profile directory and then use CopyTo to synchronize it to another hard drive. I synchronzie My Documents, websites, and all personal data in less than one minute. It is the best $10 that I have ever spent on a software program. Try it for FREE.

Regards,

javajeff

Quote:

Virus's do not effect Outlook so long as you keep your anti-virus definitions up to date.
Been an Outlook user since Outlook 97, very happy with the program and even more so in it's latest form, Outlook XP.
Never been hit with an Outlook virus, Norton takes care of that for me.

Wasn't a big fan of Outlook 97 since it was kinda slow (and I wasn't using Exchange at the time, so there was no need) but I have been a big fan of it since version 98. If you just keep on top of AV updates (and if you're really paranoid, use the updated security patches to block certain attachments) you should be OK as stated earlier.

I remembered hearing about that one a while ago, but we were stripping about *.vbs files and the like at the server back then, so it wasn't a big deal. But it works, so that's all that matters.