Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BabDole

Voodoo 3 3000G 16mb on XP HELP!

Here is the problem. It is a Voodoo 3 3000G 16mb card running on Windows XP, 500mhz Pentium III, 160 mb ram. We are trying to run counter-strike with it, on Direct3d (says that opengl isn't supported) 800x600. After about 30 minutes the computer will just lock up and has to be restarted. Please help! I want to play some CS with my friend! Oh and we are running the drivers that are suggested on the 3Dfx FAQ on NTCompatible.com.

mmmmmmmm

time for a new video card?

u can get a nice radeon 7500 64mb card for like $70 canadian smile and geforce 2 card for less then that smile

do u have the latest drivers for all of your hardware?

Thats not an option right now. I just need someone who can help me out with some drivers or someone that has had the same problem before.

I swear I have tried everything on that site. All the drivers and guides lead me to the same problem of a lock up after about 30 minutes.

I actually underclocked it a bit to see if that was the problem, along with taking the side off and putting up a large fan next to it. This didn't help the problem.

Make sure all drivers in your system are up to date, not just the video card's. Expecially mobo chipset drivers. If the problem persists despite systemwide driver updates, try another type of vcard. The card may be bad, or just incompatible with another part of your system.

If other cards also fail to work there could be something wrong other that the vcard, such as bad memory, chipset, overheating, etc.

Thanks for all of the info! But that still didn't fix the problem. Anyone else have this problem?