Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
yakkob

To all the UK Peeps......

I went to check on my order, and I find that they have taken the Ti4200 off the webby.

So I check my status, and it says...'Awaiting Stock'

Cool I thought...until I clicked on the actual order number and see to my horror >

'Obsoleted Product'

Thing is, I have 2 of these babies on order £150 each inc. VAT (Niiiiiiiice!), so will DABS honour my order? Have they just taken the card off the webby because of a high volume of orders?

I am going to email DABS tomorrow.

(fingers crossed) they will honour my order.

What do you guys think?

Well, it is quite possible that the product does not actually exist any more.

Sure the GF4 Ti4200 is a relatively new card, but it's possible the ABit card is no longer available.

It may also be possible that dabs.com cannot get a good price on these cards any more, so if their supliers price has gone through the roof they can no longer offer the product at a competitive price.

Lastly it may be possible that they had limited stock at that very nice price and have simply run out.

One thing that needs noting about UK prices is that no company can be forced to supply anything at a particular price, so long as they contact you in advance to tell you of the price change.

A price is simply an invitation for you to make an offer for that product, the retailer can either accept or decline that offer.

Argos a year or so ago jumps to mind where their web site had 28" TV's priced at £9.99 rather than £999, nobody got a TV for £9.99!

Now dabs.com are actually one of the good guys, I love dealing with them and you may get a good response from your e-mail.

You have an order confirmation and they have removed the item since you placed the order.

They may offer you a good price on another manufacturers Ti4200, although I cannot see you getting two at £150inc vat each frown

M4Carbine,

In his original post he is showing 128MB versions for £150inc vat.

Best I can find is an ASUS 128MB Ti4200 for £190inc VAT.

I had something sort-of similar happen when I bought my KT7A-RAID from them a while back. I placed the order, but when I checked the order it said Obsolete Stock. From what they told me, as I understsand it this basically means "We only have as many as shown when you checked to see if we had any & won't be getting any more, so get 'em now or miss out!". Needless to say I got my order just fine.

I like dabs, but i found it a nightmare trying to return anything for repair/replacement (under warranty) frown

Why? I've only had 1 thing go wrong [though it mysteriously sorted itself out, honestly!] the fan on my old Cooler Master DP5-6H51. It was starting to make a rather unpleasant noise, so I thought the bearings were starting to go, so I phoned them & they sent me a replacement. I asked if I had to send the old 1 back & they said "No, just chuck it".

I had to return an ASUS motherboard to Dabs which was faulty.

It managed to get lost on route, bloody courier put it into a pile of stuff heading to PC World of all places!!

Anyway, called Dabs up and explanined the problem.

They told me to "leave it to them" after I'd given them the consignment numbers, they sent me a brand new ASUS board and said they would do the talking to the courier company & PC World.

Also had to return a Promise TX4 RAID controller because theya re incompatible with Intel chipset P4 systems, they were more than happy to take that back too.

I too have used DABS for the last three years and have found them very good (touch wood).

I have sent them an email and will let you know of the outcome.

The Ti4200 has been getting superb reviews everywhere and I hope they are going to get some stock in smile

Yeah im looking to pick up a ti4200 for my brother, authough the 64MB version will do him fine.

As far as dabs go, as i said i do really like them and use them alot smile The main problem I had was that it took them ~8weeks (and a lot of phone nagging) to get a replacement for some crucial brand SDRAM, for which time i was without a computer.

However, there site is good and ive never ever had a problem with a delivery or anything like that smile