Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
three

script for automatic dns updating?

i'm currently using cjb.net's dynamic dns service. i recently switched from cable to adsl, the new isp does not give out a static ip. the problem is the adsl connection seems to always gets dropped and xp will automatically reconnect, but it keeps giving me a new ip each time. i use the cjb dns updater but i still need to open it up manually and enter the new ip and have it updated. which is the delima. so does anybody out there have any ideas to get this done automatically?

tia

i would if i could, unfortunately they only offer 1-way cable in my new apartment building, that's why i settled for the more expensive adsl. i guess i'll just have to call the isp and work some thing out with them, but anyways, 1.5/384kbps is a rather nice connection.

I have been using TZO for my domain name for more than 2 years, and it works great.

thanks guys, i called up the isp and ofcourse, they had that 180 degree attitude turn around once i got the service. well...they are supposed to send somebody over tommorrow to check the phone line, which i think is the main problem. man, they really got me p.o'd...saying that it's dynamic and they can't gurantee me an IP addy forever (being sarcastic and arrogant toned) i just replied...damn, i just want you to gurantee me the IP for a day! heh..oh well..2 year contract with them :-(

<edit>

just checked out no-ip looks good! i need it automated as my ip can change 5-10 times in just one day, no joke! so i really need it to be updated automatically while i'm not at home. thanks!

</edit>

yah, i got that running as a background service, that's exactly what i was looking for, thanks man :-)

it updates the dns rather fast too, i disconnected my connection on purpose to test it out, it picked up that i lost my connection, picked up the new ip and had the new dns within 2 minutes, hehe

yeah....using dynamic where I am, i get a 24 hr lease, and dynu has it back up really quick too. Same thing as no-ip....but Im looking at changin over actually

I use a Freesco router now,made with an

old 486,a floppy,and 2 nic.....and it's

working great for me.

www.freesco.com

HTH