Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bennyk

Refresh Rate Fix

Is there any good refresh rate fix programs for nvidia viedo card that stop games going back to 60 mhz. thanks

Quote:

Most non-nvidia cards don't have a refresh rate problem.

I have an ATI card and that is news to me. the refresh rate problem extends to all video cards not just nvidia. seeing as it is an OS problem. there may be the odd exception but few and far between.
S

I have had 2 Nvidia cards and never seen the refresh rate problem, what the h@ll is it exactly?

When an application (such as a game) switches the current resolution in Win2K and WinXP, it defaults to 60Hz unless configured otherwise. Many people may have 1024x768 and up resolutions for their desktops, but might play games at 800x600 or some other resolution/color depth that they don't normally use and hence have never configured the refresh rate for. These utilities allow one to change the lowest default refresh rate to something more comfortable (I see the flicker up to 72Hz, and can live with 75Hz but prefer 85Hz+) so the OS doesn't have to be configured for each option manually. The utilities basically modify the registry entry for the drivers to do this, which is something that used to be fairly easy (until the formatting changed).

This 60 Hz refreshbug will be with ANY gfx-card (nVidia / ATi / Matrox etc.) on Win2k/WinXP, since it's Microsofts fault.

I am using Win2k SP3 and it still was not fixed. Since I use RefreshForce, the problem is gone. It's a nice tool which needs to be started once. It UNIVERSALLY and PERMANENTLY fixes the Windows 2000/XP refresh rate problem.

Get it here:

http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/

i use a program called refresh lock

works very well on my nvidia and it only runs when i want it to.

doesnt require a reboot or anything.

holy crap eddie

long time no see

where have you been?

talked to cody last night and he is all like i quit smoking cigs - I only smoke one a day now. LOL