Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam of Eternity

SOFII - Linux - IS THERE ?

8) ok prolly a dumb question... BUT ive not long been a linux user and now thanks to alot of help in here im a 85% Mandrake9 - 15%Wondows User laugh Im a gamer ! 3d 1st person shooter. I have The Windaz versions of Quake3 and RTCW runing like a dream under mandrake BUT im after MORE... Is there a way I can get Medal of Honour AA and/or SOFII to run under Linux ? please any help or news would be great.. 8)

Cheers

Adam.

Yes, try and get WineX from CVS and it will run. I tried SOF2 on my old Mandrake 8.2, and it worked fine.

ok i got WineX... And Wile installing a game or app i get an Error saying "Couldnt Load the DLL Library, E:\Setup\Extras\Cs\Getinfo.dll. Out Of Memory" ermmm Anyone seen this ??

I forgot to say that it ran from the existing installation on the Windows partition smile

I am actually using the the RPM version of the WineX code, which I paid for. I run and install SOF2 on Mandrake by installing it partially in Linux (It drops out of the install after CD 1, then I copy the remainder of the files over from the windows partition) change the file permission on the ones I copied over. And it run very well in Mandrake 9 vice running it from a windows partition. There is more detailed informatioin at the www.transgaming.com website.

Here is the exact URL;

http://www.transgaming.com/gamepage.php?gameid=434

There are 2 ways you can do WineX,

1. Free by downloading CVS from sourceforge.net and compiling it yourself.

2. Paying a subscription fee for a year, and have access to all the RPMs for a year. Version 3.0 will be released shortly.