Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smokinkane

Suggestions on new motherboard

I have a p4 1.9 s478 and shuttle AV40 right now, and I want a new motherboard with RAID and LAN onboard. I have been looking at Soyo's new sis 645dx based board and then I read an article about Via's new p4x333 chipset that is fast as hell. I want performance and have OCZ PC2700 RAM so the DDR 333 is the sort of board I'm looking for, please give me your suggestions. Anybody have a soyo board?

I have a SOYO Dragon P4S Ultra, and it uses the SiS 645 chipset. I have found the board to be both fast and stable, and I have taken my Northwood 1.6 to 2.4GHz using stock voltages and stock HSF.

Via latest chipset probably won't be out in the near future, so keep that in mind too. Those are just previews of the chipset.

I haven't had any experience with Soyo, so no comment there.

Stay away from VIA at all costs. They are a second-rate company.

GO with the ABIT BD7II-Raid

Get all you can want in a mb, and the new FSB as well.

The one I am looking at is the Gigabyte 8SRX. It has support for DDR333 RAM and it has very good stability, speed and overclocking features. It is one of the few P4 boards that allows you to control the AGP/PCI clock, which is very important in overall stability when pushing the FSB or memory higher.

Still has a FSB of 400 tho. Whereas the ABIT board has both, so overclocking is made easier.