Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bubba

Help installing TNT2 drivers (Elsa Erazor TNT2) under Win2k

Could anyone help me with the install of Win2K drivers for my Elsa TNT2 card? I have tried Elsa's NT driver (era3nt40.zip) but when I re-boot I can't get into Win2k. I can only get in in safe mode. I have also tried to run nVidia's detonator 353 exe, but it fails and reboots win2k.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I am using an Erazor3 on an Abit BP6 running Win2k 2000.3.

Thanks!

OK man, the prob you're probably having is that you tried to isntall thseo NT drivers first. I did this for sound and there was no way to revert bac, I had to install all over again. what is this 3.53.exe?? http://seldzar.dhs.org/ go there and get the 3.53 zip, unzip it and update driver with this. If it don't work, mebe nuke it and start over. smirk

I really have to completely install to get driver functionality? Damn. I got back to VGA compatible driver, but I can't seem to get any drivers installed...

Is a complete re-install the only way?

Well man, nothing to lose, only somethign to gain. I've had to reinstall that many times, I can do it all with my eyes closed. Mya I suggest creating a seperate partition for backup and use the other for your OS

Does it matter that I am using Win 2000 Beta 3 (build 2000). Or at least that's what it says on my screen.... Does this version not support the TNT2 and those drivers?

I tried a re-install, and then tried to load the Win2k TNT2 356 drivers but I still can't get into Win2000 Server.

Here is the error that I get:

STOP:c0000263 {Driver Entry Point Not Found}

The \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\nv4_mini.sys device driver could not locate the entry point in VideoPortQueDpc in driver VIDEOPRT.SYS.

What can I do to make this work? I am getting pretty frustrated and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

It is possiable that ya win2k is old. If i'm not wrong then most of thouse drivers are build bor RC2 or better. (Build 2128). Try getting a newer build.

Hi Bubba!

I had the same problems with an Erazor III and Build 1946 and 2031. It seems that the newer win2k-drivers of NVidia demand Build 2031 (2071) or higher. NVidia Detonator 2.08 worked on Build 1946 and 2031, but I was unable to enable (weird word construction ;-)!) Direct3D-Support. If you've got 2000.3 you seem to be able to get newer builds of Win2k. Hope that helps!

chameleon: Just grabbed the 3.56 drivers and slapped them on RC3 - Q3A rocks with them!

FWIW, RC3 seems a lot quicker - more responsive, etc.

I keep readin' it but it just doesn't happen for me. I got a BP6 and have tried both a Creative TNT2U and and a Voodoo3 3000 and have yet to get either one to work right under win2k 2128. I did the re-format/fresh install and have had every combination of drivers and incantation there is. Just will NOT run Quake3 and DirectX is a synonym for instant LOCK UP!

The thing does Quake3 (either graphics card) under NT.

Anybody got any ideas (other than I should quit whining)?

DD

Which DX7 update you talking about. I downloaded one and attempted to install it but the install said that the drivers being installed were older than what is already on the machine. I told to *NOT* install those. After it was done WIn2K started grouching about system DLL's being replaced. I reinstalled Win2k to cure that.

Anywho, where is the *good* DX7 update that is supposed to make TNT2 ultras and the 3.56 drivers very happy???

DD

P.S. Is the DX7 gonna fix Quake3 under Win2K too? And how does it do that? I thought Quake3 was an OpenGL kinda app.

------------------

Never argue with your computer. It doesn't do any good, and I think the computer enjoys it!

You need to overwrite those supposed newer drivers for the DX upgrade to work. It should have said something like that in the readme that came with the update file. Anyways, do it again, and say yes to all the files, then cancel when it asks for the 2k CD after the install is complete. Reboot and it's done. DXDiag will report some files not correct etc etc, just ignore it.

I doubt this is gonna fix your prob, because I have a TNT2 and it all worked good in 2128 with the 3.53 drivers, even b4 I applied the DX upgrade. But then again, I have been surprised more than once reading this forum!!

smile.gif