Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dcxman

how to get quicklaunch bar on NT4?

Morning guys!

I just wanted to see if I FUBARed myself. I just setup a system with WinNT Workstation 4.0 and installed IE6 right away instead of IE4. What this does is that I don't get a QuickLaunch bar beside the Start Menu button. You can't even uninstall IE6 from the Add/Remove Programs section (it just asks to "Add Component" and "Repair". I tried both without luck.

Is there a single install patch from Microsoft to install the QuickLanch bar or at least a way to uninstall IE6?

Thanks in advance either way.

Dangit. The way I do it is to install the IEAK and within the options it includes the desktop integration which includes the Quick Launch bar. There is a quick way to do it with the version you already have but I do not have my notes with me at the moment. All you really need is the IE4SHLNT.CAB file with your other IE cab files and I *think* you may need an updated .inf withing your iesetup.exe file. Sigh. Will reply back when I look through my notes. Been away from my computer for 2 months so I'm a little rusty. smile I recommend downloading the IEAK with a fast internet connection and playing with it yourself. The IEAK is a very handy dandy tool and I was doing stuff manually with IE before using it....the IEAK is a MUCH better alternative!

Thanks DosFreak.

I will give it a try and see what inspires me.

Or Install IE4 first then go for IE6