Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Alien

Morpheus Question

Does anyone know how to make the search filter function in Morpheus actually work? I tell it to screen out results with a given extension & it still shows them in the search results!!!

Screw Morpheus! Ever since they were attacked and lost their network they were forced to release a practically alpha version of their newest sw. Use KaZaA, it looks just like Morpheus used to and uses the KaZaA network which Morpheus used to be connected to. http://www.kazaa.com/en/index.htm

Kazaa turns your pc into an ad-server, using your hardware to serve ads to others, making money for Sharman Networks. Get Kazaa-Lite or something else. Always run Ad-Aware after installing one of these evil packages of doom.

I use KaZaA Lite, there are no ads what so ever. Adware doesn't find anything after Lite version, Although it does with reg version.

Thanks guys - I got Kazaa Lite last night & am using that. It still causes the occasional ad window to pop-up like the old version of Morpheus used to, but @ least it works ok.

I just seen a article in I think Cnet and they found out that Kazaa lite also has a spyware program that the programmer can activate at a specified time and it has got your computer. Run the new version of ad aware and you may see the program on it. Remove it like I did and it no longer works.

Have denied it server permission now in ZA - problem solved [hopefully].

I use both smile [Kazaa Lite & WinMX] Oh, & it's [WinMX] not just like Napster used to be, it's much better! smile

i use kazaa here at work because i don't care about spyware here...but at home, i run winmx...it works the best for dialup, morpheus blows chunks...and i won't run spyware junk at home...

Tried the new v. of WinMX? It has the ability to find more sources, like Kazaa & they've added an hours column for estimated times [especially useful for those on dialup :)].

Quote:

Tried the new v. of WinMX? It has the ability to find more sources, like Kazaa & they've added an hours column for estimated times [especially useful for those on dialup :)].

I agree...I found that I am able to dl stuff much faster now than i was before. I'm not one for Kazaa or morpheus.

there is few others engine as well ... iMesh , audiogalaxy or morpheus ... use ad-aware for convinience ...

naw kazaa is just bailing out, but they sold their networks before it happened....so those programs that use those networks will be fine.

but im afraid there is a few virus known attacks the kazaa engine , inlucing kazaa lite .... p2p.worm ( benjamin trojan horse) .... so beware od using it wink