Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YuppieScum

Build 2183 will be RC3

damn thing wont let me log on says access denied, I guess the are uploading.. What luck they are uploading it on my birthday the 17th.. they must really like me.... smile.gif

Happy BthDay JimmyK.

But does RC3 rock ????

I mean, I'm currently under RC2 and everythings ok.

Should I DL it and could I wait until Final release ??

Awx

Happy birthday, JImmy!

Based on past releases, the directory should open up just after close-of-business EST . . . which will give me just enough time to get home, kick off the ADSL download, then go out for dinner and burn a CD when I get back.

Cool . . .

There's one thing you shoudn't forget. RC3 will only be accessable by a few 15,000 selected betatesters. So not every beta-tester will have access to the directory with their login and password.

And a happy birthday.

[This message has been edited by Wuff (edited 17 November 1999).]

aww man u fellas are getting me teary eyed smile.gif

Really only a few beta testers get it? Tahts odd I was sent a win2k key and stuff so I figured Id be allowed to use rc3. bUt its still deniend to me.. that sucks frown.gif

maybe they dont really like me smile.gif

DOH!! I had a bad download, Im dowloaing again andd now its slow as molasses.. frown.gif!!

Well it doesnt look any different then rc2 or build 2176. It runs very simliar. Still having compatibility issues with hardware that didnt work

IE:

Sigma Hollywood+ decoder

HotRod 66 controller with an ide 33/66 WD drive

Bt848 chipset tv tuner card

I automatically updated my drivers with 3.53 for my tnt I shoulda tested it first to see if d3d worked before I updated.. doh!

I would upload it to an ftp but Im leaving for home tomorrow for thanksgiving, so if somebody emaiuls me tonight Ill upload it but after tha tIll be gone for a week.

later fellas.

The TNT driver that installs "natively" is still 327, and doesn't support D3D or AGP. I slapped the 356 in and played the new Q3A for hours . . .

Hey fellow win2k junkies..

This is a bad question, but I am getting tired of waiting.. Does anyone have a copy of win2k 2151 or higher that I can get off of them.. I am part of a software company that receives the rc's from Microsoft, but then tend to arrive really late.. Hit me up on Icq or email if you can lend a hand.

Later.

If you're actually on the beta program, give your MS account rep a call, and they'll dish out a UID and Pwd for the FTP site over the phone - a collegue of mine got one just this way only last week.

If not, check out chameleon's page mentioned elsewhere . . .