Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zalem

Outlook Express 6 very slow startup

Does anyone why outlook express 6 in WinXP Pro takes so long to start up? It takes almost 2 minutes...

There is a MS knowledgebase article on this read it HERE Its about OE 5.5, but might help anyhow.

Also, it could be that you have a virus scanner that causes this, if so, try turning it completely off to see if thats the culprit.

H

No, it didnt help. And besides that was for win9x, not XP!

Are you using a Hotmail account? Outlook Express has some issues with Hotmail accounts one of which is delays.

No, i dont use hotmail, i didnt had this trouble with win2k.

And my girlfriend has the same problem! Were sharing internet connection on her computer!

By any chance are you using a 3rd party firewall [eg ZoneAlarm, BlackIce, or Norton] & have you given it permission to access the net in the firewall's options?

Have you disabled Messenger in your local computer policy (or anywhere else for that matter)? This will cause a slow Outlook Express startup. There was a way around it, but I forgot where frown. Maybe a tweaking site. Anyway, I just let messenger run without loggin in.mad Would be nice if someone knew the exact fix.

-Dan

YES!

Thats the solution, thank you DanteP!

And thanks all of you who has replied!

I have this same problem with OE 6.0 on 2 Win2K boxes running Office XP and SP2. I will try to locate that same key and see if it works.