Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Awaxx

F*****g ASPI drivers

What the f**k with ASPI drivers ??

I'm using drivers found in chameleon's win2k page ( win2kbox.8m.com ) but I still have probs : Nero crashes at every CD burning (5 CDs trashed). I went to Adaptec to find 4.6 drivers (as said in compatibility list) but only 4.57 is available. Where can I find 4.6 or is there an other solution ?

My config is :

PII 400->448 Mhz

256 Mo RAM

RC2 build 2128

scsi CD burner

* Teac c-r56s

scsi controler

* Tekram DC390U2W

scsi drives

* Quantum ATLAS III LVD 18.2 Go

* IBM DCHS04U 4.5 Go

* IBM DCHS09F 9.1 Go

* Quantum VIKING II 4.5 Go

Thk U for Ur help

OK man I had the same prob. First of all Tekram SCSI cards are KRAP!! I have the DC-310, I scrapped it and got a decend adaptec card which all works fine now. My old one works fine, in that i can use my burner as as standard CD rom, but be blown if I can burn. Tekram say it's 2000 compat, which is aload of KRAP as you have found out.

It just will not work wiht ASPI currently.

Solution: Get a better SCSI card in the meantime, or wait till Tekram make some useable driver. Otherwise, have a 98/NT dual boot and burn using that. That's what i had to do

Sorry man, I know this is definately NOT what you wanted to hear, but the truth hurts frown.gif

If your lucky enough to get them, 4.60 build (1020), works well in my system, currently burning and rewriting. But then again, I'm using EZCD 4.0 and Direct CD 2.5d.

Ok, thk U for the 2 guyz who send them directly to y mailbox (JKstang & Krikos).

I've installed them with the ASPI I found on win2kbox and evrything ran perfectly, even ith my crappy Tekram adapter.

If anyone want them, mail-me.

Awx

PS : I don't find my Tekra so crappy, I didn't experienced so much prob with it until now, and it's twice cheaper than an adaptec and LVD and dual SCSI manager at only 200 $US (1200 FF) isn't so bad. Dual SCSI manager is the only way for computer cos I have SCSI-1, SCSI-2, SCSI-2 W, UW and LVD devices.

I've had no probs with my Tekram 390F (UW)... Nero was giving me hard times when it was installed together with Adaptec EZ cd creater... (both 3.5 & 4.0)... with the Tekram and an Adaptec card ! I've stuck to EZCD 4.0 now and it has been flawless... not a single toaster ! (out of 30+ burns)

This new ASPI ver. may be the answer to running Nero and EZCD simultaneously...

cheers

I used to have the exact problem, i think until i updated the aspi drivers from nero with they released, then everything worked just fine, and CDRWIN has way greater stability with their drivers and win2k, glad everything works now! ;o)

ARGHHH !!!!

Ok I mistaken : just install 4.60 drivers only, NOT the one U can find on win2kbox. I crashed 2 more CD-Burning yesterday.

The fisrt time I said everything was OK, I forgot to but the win2kbox's drivers. So I put it after rebooting and burned CD without prob. The next reboot, I crashed my burning. Erasing them and reinstalling 4.60 drivers fixed everything.

So, using only 4.60 drivers is ok.

Awx

Try installing the newest Aspi-Layer from Adaptec which is build 1021 of 09/10/99.

Download it:

ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/winnt/aspi32.exe

In addition you should download the Aspi-Check and run it. It tells you if everything is properly installed and if it's the right version.

ftp://ftp.adaptec.com/pub/BBS/win95/aspichk.exe

I installed it yesterday after having massive problems and many broken cdrs. Now everything works fine. I installed Nero 4.0.7.0 without any dll-deletion or something and it just works fine.

Hope you have the same luck as I.

CU

Wuff

P.S.: I have a Traxdata 2260+ CDRW IDE, W2K Build 2176.

full 4.60 is perfect with 4.0.5.6 but I will try yours, just for fun. (by the way, I'll look around for 4.0.7.0 smile.gif )

Thx