Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amir

quickcam VC USB under XP pro

HI,

I am unable to make my QuickcamVC USB work under XP pro

It detects a USbB hardware but it is unable to install it.

Logitech's drivers only install the drivers for the camera using parallel port.

What driver do I take?

thanks

Hi again,

I finally found the drivers for Xp pro

The quickcam is detected and working well (as said in the property of the cam) but the quickcam program doesn't recognize it. I tried with windows Millenium, and the same thing happens.

My camera is broken I guess?

amir... send me your e-mail address and I will send you a copy of the drivers. They work in 2k or XP. I have noted a few problems though as they are not officially supported.

Under Win2k,

On shutdown, restart, hibernate or standby, if you have not stopped the quickcam then you will be greeted w/ a BSOD... again, can be worked around by only enabling/plugging in the camera when you want to use it.

Under XP,

On trying to resume from hibernate you will not be able to do so unless you stopped/removed the Quickcam prior to hibernating. I'm not sure about standby, but shutdown and restart don't care if the camera is active or not.

Also, what version of quickcam software are you using? I think only version 4.x will recognize the camera. If you want a copy of that you may have to search around... I have it, but it's like 9MB.

hi zen69x,

my email address is "amirb@noos.fr",

I used "QuickCam VC Parallel 4.1.5" and QuickCam® 6.0.1 but neither reconized the camera whereas the computer did?

thanks for your help