Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Which game is better in your opinion? Baldures gate 1 or Ice

Baldurs Gate cos i just like the whole BG storyline.

I'll have to go with IwD on this one.

Bg1's character interactions are fairly decent, and the story isn't terrible. But IwD is (more-or-less) a book. It's so linear; almost like living through Lord of the Rings rather than playing a game. I hacked through Bg1 one time, and I have no doubt that in it's day it ruled all. But IwD was the little b*stard son that overthrew the king, had the body dumped in the lagoon for the alligators to snack on, then married the queen and was later accused of incest.

..and that is the reason I would never vote for IWD over Baldurs Gate.

Baldurs Gate is an adventure in that there is very little linear activity, sure there are chapters but you are very much left to your own devices.

You can go where you like, complete sub-quests or leave them be.

I have some quests started in Chapter 2 and not complete until Chapter 4.

You are simply placed into the world, told you have an overal objective and off you go.

IWD is just so linear, lots and lots of combat involved and not so much interaction with NPC's and the like.

Of course both of these pale to Baldurs Gate II, but if I was going to play one of the games initially mentioned I'd go for Baldurs Gate.

I too prefer BG (and BG2), though IWD is fun for a dungeon romp. Also, if you like a well-developed story, I would highly recommend Planescape Torment...

Now Planescape Torment is a good game!

Really enjoyed that from start to finish and I was so disapointed when it was over, shame there will never be a sequel.

Dungeon Siege is closer to IWD in my opinion, very much geared towards combat, actually Dungeon Siege is very close to Diablo 2 in it's style.

Baldurs Gate is a lot deeper than those "hack & slash" games, don't get me wrong, DS is excellent, love it to bits, but nowehere near as deep as the BG line.

Story is a bit thin. More immersive IMO. Diablo 2 great story, not so great gameplay. All of them have good poin

ts I guess.

"Diablo 2 great story, not so great gameplay"

Ummmmmmmmm...I think you got hit with dyslexia.

Correction:

"Diablo 2 great gameplay, not so great story."

hmm well I finsihed BG2 and the expansion but never finished BG1. is BG1 worth it? hmm maybe I will replay BG2

I really enjoyed the original BG from the loading screen to the final slash my main swordsman did on the final boss smile

It's certainly a strange way of doing things, playing BG after BG2 & TOB but I'd say it's worth it.

There is nothing out there currently that has the depth of the BG line, although I can recommend Dungeon Siege if you don't want a deep story but want to play a game with some beautiful scenery.

Diablo 2 was too repetitive, and was 2d. The gameplay was nothing new. BG has always has better gameplay.

I started playing Dungeon Seige. I wish there was another game like BG2. Im surprised no one has tried to emulate it

Pool of Radiance (the new one) was pretty much the same kind of game as BG.... I never actually played it though - anyone here tried it? Like it? Hate it?

I saw alot of reviews slam it. I never played it. Anyone liked Wizardry 8? I never played it but the layout for wizardry seems clunky to me