Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
c2R

Transport Tycoon Deluxe 95 <-- working

I don't know if any of you know about this but....

Transport Tycoon Deluxe 95 will now work under NT4 / 2000 / XP because of the hard work by Josef Drexler and co.

http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/

(documentation with windows 2000 section here http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/ttdpatch/doc.html )

On NT4 it will work, but the install program doesn't install any registry entries (so you need to manually apply them). The other thing is that NT4 does not allow you to play fullscreen, even when the fullscreen parameter is set.

My question therefore is... Does anyone know why not, and how can this be solved? On Windows 2000 fullscreen only works when the game is set in Windows 98 compatibility mode, if that's of any help. Is there a similar mode for NT4

Sample registry entries for NT:

Code:
REGEDIT4[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FISH Technology Group\Transport Tycoon Deluxe]"Language"=dword:00000000"Installed"=dword:00000003"HDPath"="E:\\Games\\TTDLX\\""UpdateMode"=dword:00000001"RetraceSync"=dword:00000000"MousePointer"=dword:00000000"MidiType"=dword:00000000"FullScreen"=dword:00000001"ForceDIBSection"=dword:00000000"SafeMode"=dword:00000000"DisplayModeNumber"=dword:00

Yup this is great innit smile I cant beleve someone actually went to the trouble to get this working in 2000, now every problem with 2000/xp is solved ! smile

Anyway, 2 problems, as far as i know it wont work full screen in NT4, and the multiplayer doesnt work under 2000/xp, but im just happy i can now play this awesome game smile

From what I can gather in the lastest posts to alt.games.microsoft.transport-tyc Josef is trying to fix the multiplayer issues in the Win9x version in the latest betas.

Judging by the recent posts it's not fixed quite yet though smile

I just posted here really to let everyone know what's going on with TT, but also just in case someone had come across similar full-screen problems with other games on NT and had found a cure, as I (and others) have tried just about everything we can think of (it's probably more like wishful thinking though!)

Well this is really the 1 game that I really wanted working in 2000/XP and now its working im happy..... smile Finally i can get back to moving that coal to the powerplants, simple but fun smile

It's been in my NT Game Compatibility list for the last 3 months. Sadly I've been away for the last 2 so I haven't submitted my list to NT Compatible yet. frown

Can't get the game to run without CD. I did what the website said and no work.

Quote:

Can't get the game to run without CD. I did what the website said and no work.

1. make sure it's the windows version
2. when you install it make sure it's the full install from the CD.
3. ensure that in the configuration file (ttdpatch.cfg) the win2k thing is set as on (if it's not then you will receive this error

Code:
// `win2k' (-2) makes the Windows version of TTD compatible with Windows 2000/XP.win2k on

4. make sure the registry dword for "installed" is 3 (see my first post with the registry entry

Hope this helps...

[edit] fixed error in code bit above - line should read win2k on, not off (yeah, I'm stupid)[/edit]

Sanchez, I made a minor error in the last post - the config file should read as I've just changed it to (but I s'pect you realized that anyway)

Version 1.8.1 beta 4 is now released on the Beta site http://www.ttdpatch.com/beta/ (please remember that it is in beta test stages, so still may contain bugs and the like)

For support with the betas it's best to go to the alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc newsgroup (provided, of course you've followed all the Windows NT/2000/XP tips I posted here first! :D)

[size:9]

Changes since the 1.8 Release....

1.8.1 beta 4 (May 8, 2002):

Make Ctrl key unavailable in multiplayer (it never worked anyway)

Combo signals without exits did not work properly

Fix another Windows 2000 multiplayer bug, when opening vehicle window from vehicle list (I hope it's fixed -- not tested yet)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1.8.1 beta 3 (April 27, 2002):

Fixed the multiplayer bug on win2k when buying vehicles that aren't trains

Updated the manual (feeder service, Cht: PlayerID, and added an index)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1.8.1 beta 2 (April 25, 2002):

fixed bug in Cht: Renew that renewed engines instead carriage and gave income instead of costing

feederserver is not applied not for the AI players

feeder service now works for road vehicles, planes and ships

Fixed a crash of the Windows version (in multihd switch, didn't smoke properly)

In 1.8.1 beta 1 (April 22, 2002):

improve Win-version idle loop to sleep when possible (with win2k switch), to reduce CPU load

fixed bug in unload time with forced unload

feeder service: forced unload on station that accepts that cargo will not cash in, and all forced unloads are partially credit to each consist's profits

prevent Cht: PlayerID from switching to other human player

In 1.8.1 alpha 3 (April 18, 2002):

pre-signals without exits are green now, not red, to facilitate setups with two-way pre-signals that are really only pre-signals in one direction

fixed problem with AI being unable to build grain service

Cht: PlayerID <num>, where num=0..7, note that the computer will take over your own company when you switch!

Added Spanish translation

In 1.8.1 alpha 2 (April 14, 2002):

fixed bug with ClearGhosts in tropical and arctic climates which caused a crash with stations on deserts and in the snow

made Steam and Diesel engines smoke properly when multi-headed (still doesn't work properly for mixed type trains)

some more fixes to the pre-signalling

Italian translation available again

In 1.8.1 alpha 1 (March 16, 2002):

Fixed a bug with presignals that made some one-way signals behave as if they were a presignal

Possibly fixed the 'Ctrl' key crashes

[/color]

A ton of new updates have been released in the last couple of weeks...

[size:9]In 1.8.1 release (July 24, 2002):

Fix screenshots on Win2k (by Norman Rasmussen)

Fix infinite production due to feeder service

In 1.8.1 beta 5 (July 22, 2002):

Re-enable Ctrl key for multiplayer games but only for building extended stations (not for extending, only when selecting the size directly)

Using train station name for sign cheats crashed the game, not it just won't work

More bugs in the pre-signalling with combo-signals have been fixed, in particular a one-way combo leading to two two-way combos which had one exit each

Fixed bug with refitting, which sometimes cleared the first waggon's capacity and load

Fixed another bug with reffiting, which gave an engine the wrong capacity if original cargo type was not passengers (using e.g. TTD Alter)

Fixed screenshot hotkeys for the Windows version, not Ctrl-S and Ctrl-G actually do something, though whether or not the resulting PCX file is actually correct is still not certain. Ctrl-S is more likely to make a good screenshot than Ctrl-G. [/color]

1.8.1 is available from http://www.ttdpatch.com

John - according to the website:

Multiplayer games now work BUT if one of the players opens any vehicle from the vehicle list it will crash. Opening it directly from the map should work.

:x

The multiplayer portions of the patch have been slimmed down to try and avoid the problems with crashing that was experienced. Extended presignals can still be used, as can multiheaded trains. Obviously all the bugfixes are still applied.

The multiplayer compatibility *is* slowly being improved, but Josef (the creator of the patch) cannot test it in multiplayer, and doesn't play multiplayer anyway - so it is given alot less priority than other features.

There's been a great deal of work gone into the patch since 1.81 (see the source code section for more details, where you will find the latest alpha version (currently 1.82 alpha 9). http://www.ttdpatch.com/src/

Be advised of the warning on the source code page

Quote:
Alpha is a development version not tested by anyone but myself, and may or may not contain serious bugs. Please be aware that it might crash or hang TTD, or your computer. It probably won't, though.

If you do use the latest alpha (multiplayer or not) your feedback regarding the features and possible bugs would be most appreciated in the alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc newsgroup (which is read by the developers of the patch).