Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SneakX

Winamp cpu processing problem

Anyone got this very annoying problem with winamp?

Normally, when I play a mp3, winamp takes about ~2-3% of the cpu time. When I close it, the process stay runnin in the task manager

and the CPU time of WINAMP.EXE climb to ~95%. I must end the process manually to correct the problem. I know that i'm not the only with this problem (it does the same on others Win2k/XP workstations), and I find this very annoying, especially because I love winamp.

Any ideas?

Beside the version, do you have any special plug-ins going? How do you start winamp (from an icon, short-cut, or command line)? Are you playing retail CD's where winamp is going to the net to find the titles?

it doesnt even take 2% on this sits on 0% then jumps to 1%. Have u tried uninstalling and reinstalling

First of all, I have Winamp 2.8, but it does this since the 2.76 I think. I've tried to reinstall it, to reinstall windows, but it still does this funky trick.

and don't forget that it is only when I close it that the cpu time climb to 95%

But as I am looking to the plugins I have, I remember that I'm using the nullsoft crossfader as output, so mayve it is the problem.

Make sure you disable Winamp Agent in the options, that thing has caused me a few probs smile

HKLM \Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run or Run Services in your registry. You will see winamp agent. Delete it if you are unable to disable it in the actual program.

Crossfader is no Output is no problem here (win2k sp2) but the Agent also had some serious problems for me.. so be sure to have this thing disabled...