Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
evilhomer

Service Pack 3?

I sarted this thread so that the release date of windows 2000's service pack 3 can be discussed, its fine and all that you discuss what it will include but comments on costumer service is getting out of hand.

So, before we lose track, WHEN IS SP3 COMING OUT????

.....no one knows when SP3 is going to be out.

I initially heard it would be February, then March, then April, then May, then June, then end of June and now July !!

I say, who cares !!

laugh

P.S. my prediction is 'end of the year'

It will be out before Duke Nuke'em:Forever, how's that?

:P

ms forgot win2k to cares with priority on XPsp1. thats to "call" everybody to xp os (i think)(its more rude with pirate copies).

i heard xp windows update not works properly on pirate copies.

here on brazil just ONE site (www.baboo.com.br) refers to sp3 comming up. i don't believe it.

ms dont support their clients and want we buy their new products! for what? for make a new OS and forget the previous?

i was walking by some english (language) forums and this one was the most writed about win2ksp3 (the other h/v max to 3 posts(!))

no one knows whe sp3 will come up. first of all, were's the sp3 beta (testers)?????

I disagree about MS abandoning Win2K for XP. Why? Becuase all of MS's servers are 2K, and the most critical aspects of SP3 are related to issues I'm having with servers. SP3 will come... it's just a question of when.

Windows XP works fine with "pirate copies". So far updates are not blocked for those copies. The only update so far that is affected is SP1 for XP which will not install and will actually tell you that you are using a pirated copy. Finally the "pirate copies" are actually the Corp versions of XP that are exactly like every other copy of XP except that they do not have Product Activation and they all use key #'s starting with FCKGW.

i really bet it cames just after xp sp1

frown

From what I read the delays are related to lawsuits. They now have to make Windows 2000 support any web browser as the shell and a few other things I seem to have forgotten now. So they're making a major overhall to the OS. I think I read about it on CNET or Betanews, but it was about a month ago.

Second they'll probably release Windows XP first to give all the Windows 2000 users the finger so they'll feel like they're not really being supported, which is exactly right.

Well, here's the latest info that I saw this morning:

http://www.wininformant.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=25802

*IF* this is the case, while it's nice that they are really paying attention to bugs and security, it's a major letdown to those that can use the all-in-one prowess of a service pack in an enterprise. Not only are they useful for existing systems, but they are quite handy when slipstreaming and deploying into new boxes as well.