Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Are Multiplayer games starting to suck?

Okay, whats up with multiplayer games, cheating, and "so-called" bug fixes? In the new Counter-Strike 1.4, they "fixed" it so you can't plant the bomb while moving...lol, ok, you know in real life its impossible for you to carry an explosive, arm it, and drop it on the ground while you're walking/running, WTF! Bunny Hopping? I know its annoying, but its part of the game, why is this such a problem with CS and not other games? What about cheating? First of all, Cheaters suck, just so all of you out there know. But any more its getting so bad that I don't even play on the net anymore, i'm on a 56k modem (not by choice), it sucks when server admins run cheat protection software that constantly scans for cheats/hacks, for christ's sake, i NEED every ounce of bandwidth i can spare, otherwise i wouldn't tweak my games' configs just so i can get a ping below 300ms, i don't need scans and third party programs like Cheating Death and Punkbuster running in the background sucking up CPU cycles and precious bandwidth that I NEED! Anyway, this is some of the sh1t that crosses my mind and pisses me off. I don't care if people don't feel the same way i do about this, but the thing is, a lot of you know you feel the same way i do.

</rant>

</sarcasm>

I only play with people I know anyway, so I don't get too worried about playing online anymore. Cheaters will always be there making aimbots and whatever, and it's just to the point where I don't care anymore. It bothered me before, but now with broadband being so prevelant, servers keep popping up and you can just go somewhere else. But yeah, it sucks.

What sucks is people being so paranoid about cheaters that if they see someone who is remotly good they get kicked for 'cheating'. Ive had this happen to me many times unfortunatly and ive never even downloaded a cheat smile

Lol how about we organize a CS session between board members? I can host it on my clan's server. Just let me know smile

It could be done this weekend, Im at a LAN party from Friday till Saturday (maybe sunday)...

I would be up for that smile but some ppl are in US and some ppl are else were so i dunno what pings would be like smile

If people would only spend time actually playing the game rather than finding creative ways to screw over others like "cheating", then they may actually have a chance of winning the fair way. And yes, people (server admins) get very paranoid about cheaters.

Clutch: I agree, i only play with people that i personally know, like at a lan party.

What i really want to know is what people here think about the various changes being made to games such as the above mentioned CS 1.4, its supposed to be a realistic counter-terrorism simulation, but instead of adding more realism, they take it out.....know what i mean?

The new update for CS and Half-Life came out yesterday, but it has some bugs in it. It does, however, include some new anti-cheat technology.

Even though I don't really know many of you guys yet, I would love to join in any forum games for CS, HL, Quake or whatever. Medal of Honor is a newer game that is just as good, if not better. I used to be into HL hugely (see cheesy website), and wouldn't mind getting a new team or clan together or whatever.

Does anyone have a server we could use? If not, I have a few friends who admin some HL servers still, I may be able to set us up with a private game, or public if you all prefer.

As Clutch pointed out, playing with friends is the best way to go, and if we get a forum server together, it should be pretty safe from cheaters.

Keep posting your ideas everyone!

Ok, I'll try to organize this...it would be indeed interesting to get ppl from US to play on our European server smile But it's worth a try.

Our server is up, but the homepage is down due to a burst in traffic, since we're an official mirror for the CS/HL updates. I hope it will be back up in the weekend (www.hdx-world.com)

I will post the server IP as soon as I remember it, lol smile

I will be checking regurarly the server status (with HLSW) starting today evening around 9-10 PM CET (3-4 PM US East coast). Please use your forum nicks, so I know who's who smile

On a personal note, I think that CS1.4 sucks major a$$. There is a huge difference between being able to run at full speed after one (1) jump, and bunny hopping (2 or more run/jumps). Not being able to move while u plant the bomb is also lame, the realism has gone out of it. I also noticed a higher % of headshots than in CS1.3...which can be both good and bad. Our server runs 1.4 by the way, so u will need to update. If the website is back up, u might want to dload the custom mappack (in the Server Info section on the left).

Ok, till later smile

The problem is that as long as the games stay more or less un-moderated this will happen.

There are always a few people that:

Must be the best

Must be able to kill everyone else withour fear

Appear at the top of leaderboards

Think it's fun cheating

General pains in the arse

The only way to fix this is to have a system where as a cheat/exploit is found, it is closed within days and they have to go and try and find another.

This is how the likes of UO, AO, EQ, AC, DaOC work, as an exploit is found it is patched out.

With any kind of luck at the same time the character cheating is deleted and the account banned.

Sure that person can go and get a new account, but that exploit wont be available to them.

However, with these games you are paying upto £13 per month.

It's a trade off really, keeping the servers free, combine that with the fact anybody can just go and get a pirate copy of the game and you are all set for anarchy.

Start a monthly charge, make it so characters are stored on the servers - making pirating the game a complete waste of time, and suddenly you have some kind of order.

I wonder how many people would subscibe to a CS or HL server with a monthly fee if they knew they could be more of less guaranteed a cheat free game?

**** i dont remember it, Im not at home so I can look it up in HLSW, and the homepage is down smile I'll post it in a couple of hours, make sure u check back this thread. I'll be online as I said from 8-9 PM CET (2-3 PM US east) onwards smile

Show me what u are made of smile

I get about 130ms to driventech. On DSL, in the uk.

56k here, my pings suck, maybe 150-275ms in CS and about 300ms or so in Q3. I doubt i will have any luck connecting to the server, but i will give it a try when i get the modem i just ordered.

Counter strike has the largest amount of hackers i have ever seen in a game,it's pathetic.i own the game ,but i dont thnk i've played it more than 3 times. Why bother? Now, Mohaa is starting to get like that. sad state of affairs.also,in-game whining about this and that has hit an all-time high,imho.

Hammer

I don't play CS at all, therefore I wouldn't host it. Too many people (kids) take that game way too seriously. Also, I am not much for violent games that require thought and/or teamwork.

I get around 72ms to driventech, would love some Q3 action, although I am not a god at the game.

Well i take CS seriously smile if im not winning it aint fun frown

OK im sad, its a team game and i realise there is no 'I' in team but hey smile

There is no "I" in team for sure, but there is a M and an E for "ME", and I don't mean Windows ME.

Damn, it didn't work out over the weekend, because they didn't have an outside Internet connection frown I couldnt even post the IP, but I'll do it now, maybe someone will join later on today...

IP 62.4.82.26:27016

Have fun...post the pings u get, so we can decide if we got enough players to hold a frag session smile

Yes I some kiddee do like cheating but part of other problem has do with other person Internet connection like DSL vs 56K modem so as you can see it unfair playing field.

Intell everbody has some size pipe the poor 56k user will not know what hit him in tell it to late.

k checked it out smile after spending 30mins downloading your custom sounds i finally made it in, i get around 70ping.