Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Xoxide

RH8 Problems

I have major problems. I can't install linux in gui it just goes blank after it probes the monitor which by the way can't be probed and when it is installed in text after starup and it checks the system and stuff it just goes blank...nothing. I have onboard geforce 2 mx class video from an MSI K7N420 pro motherboard. I am wondering if it is just a bad setting in my bios or somthing. frown ;(

I have istalled it in text mode and after i start the machine and it does the system checks it just geos blank.

try ctrl_alt_+ using the + key on the numlock keypad

if that won't get it you need to boot into a terminal

---------------------------------------------------------------

at the lilo prompt hit ctrl_x to get to boot prompt

at the boot prompt use this

linux init=/bin/bash

if your image name shown on the boot menu is not linux substitute the image name for linux

then you need to use xf86config to setup x again

test it with startx

THanks for ur help I have got it working. I did what u said and made it work well enough to get the drivers from the nvidia sight and fix it smile

i was having this same problem with RH8, during the install, after it asks me what resolution i wish to use, i test it and everything seems fine, upon rebooting get either a blank screen or a garbled one when it goes to the login screen, i am using an ati rage 6(radeon) 32mb SRRAM agp video card, had to pop in an old ati rage 128 just so i could use RH8....any help is appreciated.