Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sanchez

Privateer 2 Deluxe Edition

The game runs fine without any compatibility layers but it runs real fast. This is the Win95 version and it basically runs as fast as it can on the computer. I'm running win2k pro and tried qfixapp and nothing helps to slow it down. Any ideas?

Find a system slowdown utility, would be my recommendation.

I know I use one called "Turbo," but I can't remember where I found it. Try looking around the net. They are pretty easy to find.

The thing I like about Turbo is that it works, even on faster computers. A lot of the others have either difficulties on faster computers, or you have to pay to get the product that slows down fast computers.

The Turbo utility slows down the game all right but it makes the sound not work at all or studder every quarter of a second.

BTW, On my old P3 600Mhz with Win2k Pro the game sometimes ran at normal speed and sometimes at full speed. I didn't use any utilities then.

I'm trying to install Privateer 2 the deluxe edition in Win XP. Every time it tells me that there isnt enough hd space. When I first start the install program, it says Not enough disk space! Bytes required 33927270 Directory: C:\dark. If I change the install directory to one that has more than enough space, it still gives the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Originally posted by DoctorXX:

Quote:
I'm trying to install Privateer 2 the deluxe edition in Win XP. Every time it tells me that there isnt enough hd space. When I first start the install program, it says Not enough disk space! Bytes required 33927270 Directory: C:\dark. If I change the install directory to one that has more than enough space, it still gives the same message. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Try opening the CD, then right clicking the setup.exe file, and setting it to run in Windoze '98 mode.

I've had the same prob with older games, and found that if you run the setup.exe on the CD in '98 mode, it does the trick.

BTW, I love Privateer, I only have the demo, but it is very cool. There are sites out there with add ons, freebies, if you want Privateer. smile

Originally posted by DoctorXX:

Quote:

I had that problem also. All you need to do is create the folder C:\dark manually and then try installing Privateer 2 again. I had to switch off many of the game sounds as it caused the game to run slowly and jerkily, especially in the booth screens.