Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

Best AMD Motherboard?

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

Got MSI's new KT333 Ultra with PC2700 333MHz DDR last month and I love its speed and stability. Hasn't crashed on me once and everything worked right out of the box! I just wanted to know who you think makes the best AMD based motherboard. Epox doesn't do a bad job.

AHHHH SHUCKSSSSS!!!! It was an accident, hmmm wish I could change it. Abit makes some good boards too.

10's the limit in this forum anyway. Philipp or SHS can only change the Polls. I hate Abit!!!!

Now that we've got that cleared up, I've got the Epox KT333 board here, and it's a nice board---tho I would warn against it if you have a full tower with drives at the top, as the board has a really stupid placement of the IDE connectors at the bottom of the board. From past experience Asus would be another good choice.

If you want to overclock, the NForce boards seem to be mysteriously stripped of many good OC features. Even Abit's NV7/-RAID boards don't have the usual fair of options in BIOS. It's speculated that Nvidia is having a tight grip on what options are available on boards.

Well Abit have made way more boards than VIA & NVIDIA - in fact I'm not entirely sure that some of the poll items aren't just chipset mfr's as opposed to actual mobo mfr's - so what if VIA & Nvidia [or 1 of the others] were taken out & replaced with Abit & Other? 's just a suggestion.

I think you should give abit another chance smile They certainly dont warrant and anti-abit 'coalition' smile

Quote:

Maybe 1 of the moderators/admins can change it for you?

I just did...

This Poll should be this way

ALi

AMD

AMD+VIA

VIA

SiS

nVidia

Going by motherboard Chipset

If want I can change this and rest the Poll?.

If it were going by chipset, then yes that would be the best way. However, I *believe* that he was looking for a "Best Vendor" poll instead and thus has those particular options.

Well i have an epox 8kha+ and i love it but the onboard sound blows, i have to manually install lol nice sound but here soon i am buying a new sound card,but my fic board is the best damn board i ever owned

Yea it's a good idea to change the poll to "chipset manufactureres". Then the options would be easier...

And the winner is: NONE!

Muhhahahaa

Well, I agree with Palos on that one.

Anyhow, I have an ABIT KG7-raid (Athlon 1400), KA7-100 (Athlon 800) and a stone-age BE6 (PIII 450) running great here, all mildly overclocked. Never had a problem with any of them, multibooting and all. While I'd agree that Asus is a bit more solid in some ways, they bring stuff to market later than Abit. Epox are propably good too, I just have the impression they are a bit more flimsy so I never tried one. Maybe Tyan would be a choice too, dunno.

H.

Well i gotta say i am very proud of Gigabyte, i am running 2 pc's which both use Gigabyte and they are very reliable and fast, i wouldn't hesitate to buy another gigabyte board in my life.

Odd, I know that I changed the nForce entry to Abit, but it came back again. I just changed it back to Abit so we'll see how long that holds out.

clutch CyberGenX sent me message saying he want it change Abit to nVidia nForce

I voted EpoX because that's the company I'm most likely to buy my next motherboard from. Their dual Athlon board, the M762A, appears to be the only one to get around the USB bug in the AMD south bridge, plus their 760 motherboard was one of the best as was their KT266a board the 8KHA and their KT333 board, the 8K3A looks like a winner too.

If they were on the list I would have voted AOpen since my current board, an AX6BC, hasn't given me an ounce of trouble the entire time I've had it and if they made a decent loking 760, 760MPX or KT266a board I'd buy from them again.

Quote:

clutch CyberGenX sent me message saying he want it change Abit to nVidia nForce

Weird, since he originally asked me to change it from nForce to Abit. Oh well...