Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ZEHN

SCSI CDROM/BURNER help

hello everyone

i picked up a scsi cdrom tower (7 drives) at an auction that has a centronics-50 connector on the back and would like to replace two of the drives with a burner and a more modern cd-rom. could a HDD be put in also?

i don't see why i can't but thought it a good idea to see what you all had to say about it, i am new to scsi and any help would be much appreciated.

thx for your time

ZEHN

Scii devices can be chained together. "But not all Scii is equal" especially when it comes to burners. Before investing in one, you need to see if the software that you are going to use to burn with will support that particular device on Scii. (Nero has a few issues with Scii). Scii is tricky under NT and hard disks can sometimes be slow. There are also device driver issues (Adaptec) between devices. Again, check out the device you want to purchase before hand over the web and find the "work arounds" and conflicts. You won't be pulling your hair out trying to make something work when it can't.

I knew there wouldn't be enough info.....sry

I'll be running XP Pro with nero 5.5 and an Adaptec AHA-2940/2940U.

i checked the card out and found that it is supported by everything from 95 to XP (up to date drivers not withstanding).

i will check out nero's, adaptec's and Microsoft's site for compatibility. I imagine that the devices will have to be compatible with all 3??? why are there standards??(rhetorical)

thx Sampson for your help

ZEHN