Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrazyKillerMan

VCD files....

I have bin/cue files that is some bootleg from a tool concert...

I am wondering how I am to watch these....

Is there any way to convert to mpeg or avi without burning to disc?

Can someone give me a quick walk through of the 'glorious' vcd project.

It is allegidlly a vcd. What type of players will play them, and in what format?

Well, first use a program like IsoBuster to extract the files from the disc image. Then look for the huge .dat file - that is the file with the actual movie. Open that with WiMP (or any other media player) and enjoy!

After using bin chunker to convert to iso, I used iso buster to extract the iso image file. From there I recieved 5 directories:

CDI, EXT, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, VCD. In the MPEGAV dirI grabbed the DAT file but wmp wont play it. There are no files in CDI or Segment DIR and there are 4 vcd files in the VCD dir and two vcd files in the EXT DIR.

After converting to iso, i am given two iso files???

One which is huge, 471 MB and the other is 1.01 MB.

To extract anything, I can only use the smaller one. From there I can grab the dat file direct.

Still no go.

Am I doing something wrong?

There's no need for bin chunker, because isobuster can deal with the bin file directly. Open the bin in isobuster, and find the dat file... that's really the only file you need. That file should be close to the entire size of the image. Try this file in WiMP and see what happens - if it still doesn't work, post the message that WiMP gives you and we'll go from there...

Have you tried using Power DVD or some other DVD playing software to view the VCD??

I tried using power dvd on the bin, iso and the dat file. It does the same thing for all three. The vid is playing, but there is green fragmentation across the picture and the audio is all screwed (I can see in the top half and I can hear the movie when the audio isnt haywire). I know that this file is fine, I have just nvr bothered with VCD before.