Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Anybody have an LG burner?

Just wanted to know if anyone has an LG burner and what they thought of it?

I have 2, a 8X4X32X LG in my server and a 24X10X40 LG with JustLink Technology in my machine. I bought them because they were cheep. I have gone through 400 CDRs on the 8X and NEVER had a coaster. The 24X is still new and on about burn number 20 or so, no coasters yet, even gives a message saying if any buffer underruns were prevented. I give them 5 stars for price and 5 for performance. Nero and Roxio work on both.

I've got the 8x4x32 for about a year now. No coasters (except when I've screwed up :\ ). No problems with software - everything seems to support it, and I haven't had to worry about flash updates either smile Good job LG for building a sturdy, reliable and good looking burner.

I'd reccomend LG burners to anyone, but I'd also suggest that you go to a barebones dealer and get an OEM model - why pay more for the box and software when you don't have to?

Cheers, and good luck.

I have a LG 8160B 16x10x40x and have never made a coaster with this drive, it has "Super Link" technology and never get's any buffer underuns. I once tried on purpose to get it to fail by throwing everything i could at my machine and the burner just kept on writing with no errors at all.