Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mr_yellow

UT / TNT2U / W2KRC2

Ok.. I've read that some people can get Unreal Tournament working with the new nvidia drivers(3.53) on RC2.

Am i doing something wrong? I have the latest drivers and UT still doesn't 'work'. I mean, it loads up but once the level gets started, everything seems to be un-lightmapped. no shadowy corners or dark rooms. Just plain ol' textures.

has anyone else experienced this?

I'm running 2128 on dual celeron@550 with a guillemot maxigamer32.

I have the exact same problem with UT. All environment textures appear to be flat shaded and the palette is messed up. My card is a V770 TNT2 with the 3.53 drivers. There are also major problems with with OpenGL in Q3Test. The screen can freeze for up to 10 seconds or more. The game is running while the screen isn't refreshing, you can see the environment changing around the "head" icon.

Got the same problem with UT, sure it runs but it aint pretty, but it still better than before when it just crashed right away.

Brian, you have to disable the "3dicons" in Quake3 to fix that problem.

Pull down the console (the ~ key) and type: cg_draw3dicons = 0 that will fix it.

I get an instant UT crash when I try to run fullscreen with this D3DDRV.DLL driver.

I uppgraded from 2072 to 2151 and now my UT looks weird no real lighting just plain bright textures.... I didn't have this problem before I uppgraded.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Can anyone help me?

the 3.53 drivers on my page are the official ones, they are real also. give them a try. make sure you uninstall first, your old drivers then install, dont update just to be careful.

chameleon.gif

http://win2kbox.8m.com

[This message has been edited by chameleon (edited 09 November 1999).]

Are these drivers supposed to have D3D support? I just downloaded them, and they don't appear to have the D3d subsystem. Am I wrong? Help me out, please.

im running an old build{2031}. quake 3 runs excellent, as a matter of fact all quake engine games run great. but as soon as i try to run a game such as unreal or any other no quake engine game i goes to windowed mode with only half of the screen showing in it....if i try to use the updated tnt2 drivers i lose all open gl capabilities. i dont understand whats happening there. im upgrading to rc2 this week. im running a creative grapics blaster tnt2 value....its a 16 meg card. i run quake at 1024X728 at 75 fps, so im not complaining.

Uppgraded to build 2167, and now UT works great, no problems what so ever.... smile.gif

P.S. Everything works fine, I love this new build.