Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Igor

Network Monitoring

What can you guys suggest as an easy to use network monitoring tool that does not create a lot of extra trafic.

Has to be either freeware or not that expensive to register.

Maybe below $200 US.

I've used the trial program, did a port scanner on one of the server and it reports a bunch of possible trojans...freaked me out. I did a virus scan (CA Innoculate) and found nothing. How accurate is the reporting???

Possible trojans as you said! It gave the same on my home network and kinda freaked out too, run "the cleaner" which found nothing wrong. I think that they actually have somewhere in their help files an explanation about this and say that there's nothing to worry about. I can't access the prog to tell you where it says it exactly since it's dead now(30 day trial is over). frown

That thing only monitors trafic to/from your computer. i need a full network monitor.

Like www.ntop.com

The linux version is free but you have to pay for the Win32 version unless you can compile it... I've tryed but failed frown

Maybe some one can complile the code?

What did you use to try to compile it? Your best bet is probably going to be Cygwin... Once you compile it in cygwin, you can run it anywhere (w/o the cygwin shell) by putting the cygwin dll with the executable.

BTW, for those interested, the correct link is www.ntop.org...

That is what I used. When compiling got a few error messages and warnings. Didn't get the exe file frown