Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MARK MARTIN

Full image system hard drive backups

I am looking for a quick, affordable and easy to use software that will make full image system backups of my hard drives to CD. Have dabbled with hard drive backups using tape drives and even some where one has to tote around a spare blank drive for backup purposes. All that seems archaic and for that matter diffucult to use and expensive. So, any suggestions? To go even further are there any suggestions where one could download a 10 or 30 day trial version to see how one likes the product before purchasing?

Norton Ghost is a nice program for imaging hard drives. However, Ghost will work only if you had a second hard drive or second partition. The way I would work is add a second hard drive to the system, then run Ghost to image C: to file and leave the files on D: with max image size of 640MB. Later on, you can burn these files to CDs and use them to restore the system if needed.

Ghost can burn directly to CD from a boot disk, only drawback of ghost is that it cant write to an NTFS partition, which is very annoying.