Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BaronKen

Logitech Quickcam Home USB problems (long...I need help)

I have W2K RC2 build 2128. 192MB ram, etc.

I put the Quickcam CD in and it autoplays and generates an error file right away. Ok, so I run the setup.exe file and it starts installing. Now it asks me to plug in the camera, which causes W2K to start installing the camera drivers, etc.

It says that the twain files are older than the ones trying to be installed...do I replace the newer ones (from W2K) with the old ones off the CD (Logitech)?? I tried this, but it never seems to finish installing. It seems to be waiting for the camera to be plugged in (which it already is by now). I tell it I'll plug it in later (what else can I do, it doesn't find it), and it finishes up and reboots.

Well, when I run the Camware, the preview area is only a small portion of what is actually recorded for a still or a video.

Also, when I play a game or use Winamp, etc. Camware starts up and sometimes clicks off a picture all by itself!!

And (whew), it will cause an error and say that there isn't enough bandwidth to support the device (camera)...it says it requires over 70% of the USB bandwidth!!

Anyway, as you can see, I am having trouble with it. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, the hardware list says it works fine under W2K...I wish whoever got it to work would help me out.

Thanks,

Ken

I have similar problems with the Logitech Quickcam Express. I installed the drivers in build 2151. After a looooong time it finished the installation and told me that everything's fine. I restarted and connected it to the USB-port. Windows found the Cam and asks for drivers although the drivers are installed. I said ok. Now I have the tiny little cam sitting on my monitor and doing nothing... any ideas ?