Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jordan Shaw

Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI

I've got a Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI. Supposedly, Win2k supports it. Now, how do I get it to work properly? I want to have the specialized mixer that comes with the AudioPCI software, but also need DirectSound support. How is this done?

if it supports win2k, did it come with drivers for nt4 ? what does it say on the Creative Ensoniq homepage about it running under 2000 ? there must be native drivers under win2k, did it install and run or it didnt detect it whatsoever? the mixer you want could probably be in the win9x version of the software which might not run in win2k, if there is nothing for winnt/2k then you might as well be happy with it running the slightest bit.

chameleon.gif

http://win2kbox.8m.com

There are NT drivers, as I run a 98/NT/2000 box, now, but the NT drivers don't have a DirectSound interface. And last time I tried to install them, I messed it up, and had to reinstall the OS. smirk

What is WORKING PROPERLY??

1. Can you hear sound??

If yes, it works.

Remember the all important 4 letter word??

B E T A

- it ain't gonna be perfect but if you can hear sound it's working good enough till Creative get off their ass and make drivers.

I have the same card and it works, (all beit it dies after a few hours and sound pops a bit) direct sound and all, but then again, I did read all the post about direcx and installed the updates, however judging by the rest of your posts, I think you have failed to do so!

all your problems will be resolved soon enought. Untill then LIVE WITH IT!

Just a word of advice, try selecting the search option and have a look for relevant topics before you post!