Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

What do YOU hook up to your PC?

What kind of gadgets do you use with your PC? Unusual game controllers, PDAs, MP3 players, etc all apply. I am kicking this off in a reply to Dirty Harry on my SCUBA diving comp, so here we go:

Aeris 500AI dive computer (actually, I am still waiting for my kit to arrive, but it does work with Win2K so I assume it will work with WinXP Pro as well)

500ai1.jpg

Compaq iPAQ 3850 PDA

3800front.jpg

Kinesis Classic Keyboard (testing it at work right now)

classic.jpg

So what about you guys?

I've got a scanner, Zip100 USB drive, MS sidewinder gamepad (game port), MS Precision 2 joystick, and a Palm VIIx with serial adapter.

Of course, I really don't even use this stuff. I bought the joystick for playing descent 3---which I haven't installed since I used Win2k, LOL. $50 down right their ;( I also have two PC's I'm not using much...well that fileserver is kinda important.

THE ONE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS WINS

--On the dive side "The Aladin Air-Z is a wrist-mounted, interactive dive computer with a remote tank mounted transmitter" Weeeell, I don't really hook it up that much but I could...

aladinairz02.jpg

--A Sony DSC-P5 3,2 megapixel digital camera, my favourite gadget. Its small, takes great pictures and you can get a underwater kit although that little piece of acrylic seem ridciously expensive

camera-front-angled.jpg

--My Palm m500, courtesy of my employer...

--A Canon D660 Scanner - I really like the thing, after owning a HP scanner and having to fight with their drivers this one is fantastic.

--Two printers (Laserjet and Inkjet)

--My family; consists of three BPU's (Biological Input Units) alas, three PC's

-- My laptop :o) courtesy of my employer...

-- The usual gang of Keyboards, Joysticks, Gamepads etc etc

H.

I connect:-

- another full-fledged computer (file and printer server)

- My road warrior's Dell laptop

- My other half's Toshiba laptop

- My ole pal's computer through VNC

- Palm V

- Alcatel cell phone

- LMD80 midi switch

- Casio CTK 700 synth

- H&K 2x100 watts midi-controlled guitar amplifier

- Yamaha QY700 sequencer/XG expander

- Yamaha GW50 effect processor

- Zoom GFX8 effect processor

- Yamaha TZX81 expander

- Yamaha EMT10 expander

- Roland GI10 midi guitar interface

- Simmons 8-channel preamplifier/mixer

- Radix 7300S satellite receiver

To come: Yamaha SPX90 effect processor.

... and some other trivial stuff (adsl, webcam, photo camera...)

Real fun laugh

I was going to get the hoseless comp by Aeris, but I liked the layout of this one a lot better, plus I didn't need to have a separate compass to fiddle with. Nice comp tho.

I have a Nikon CoolPix 800 Digital Camera as well, just didn't think to mention it. Oh, and 2 servers and a second workstation, but I don't really classify them as gadgets. For some reason I forgot to post this little guy too:

sp360md.gif

That's a Spacetec SpaceORB 360 6 Degrees of Freedom (DOF) controller. I got it with Forsaken when I pre-ordered that bad boy a while ago. Unfortunately, Spacetec was bought out by Labtec and the controller was eventually killed off (they still make the CAD/CAM desktop units that you may have seen elsewhere though, but under another name) Over at Birdman's they have new drivers that will enable most of them to work in Win2K and WinXP.

amond the many cables that run off from the back of my box:

1. an Ericsson T65 (throught USB cable)

2. a Nokia 6210 (through serial cable)

3. an old Harman/Kardon amplifier, a Yamaha K340 cassette deck and a Rega 2 Planar vynil 33 1/3 rpm deck (enables me to write from/to cassettes and i still love vinyl LPs!)

4. an Epson 740 printer wouldn't qualify for unusual, would it? So, I'll through in a dot matrix Star LC 24-10!!!

5. Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick, Freestyle Pro USB pad

6. Zip 100 external (is there a way to convert a parallel port to USB? this thing is EVER so slow!)

7. RF antenna for my WinTV

that's all for now.......

More garbage than I ever use:

Compaq iPaq 3150 PocketPC

HP ScanJet 2200C

HP DeskJet 870CSe

Microsoft Strategic Commander

Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical

Compaq iPaq media player

Intel Home PC Camera

Sony DSC-S85 digital camera

SanDisk Multimedia card reader

Dual monitors {Sony 19" and KDS 17" (soon to be replaced by another Sony 19", hopefully)}