Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wolverine

Special_pool_detected_memory_corrupt

I'm running windows xp on a AMD XP 2000+ which had 256mb ram. After adding another 256mb i used to get this error at boot up so i had it replaced. The new one seemed to work well but now i am getting this error randomly, i got it this morning when i was editing a text document after about 25mins or so. It's driving me insane. frown

Ive tried everything i can think of. The MS KB said it is a driver accessing memory it shouldn't be... so iv'e updated my gf3 drivers, audigy drivers, scanner, printer via 4in1's etc but i still get it! Iv'e also set the memory bios settings all to their basic values but to no avail.

Has anyone had this error before?? i'm sure the new stick isn't faulty but it seems that my motherboard (abit kr7a) doesn't like 2 sticks? or is microsoft correct and it is a driver issue?

Any help would be appretiated!

Thanks,

James.

This sounds a little like the overtaxed PSU issue. What PSU do you have?

The Enermax 431 is supposed to be good, but [especially as you're using an AMD-based system] the 3.3v is important too - what does that report as?

motherbard monitor says my 3.3+ line is 3.55v atm

have you got a direct link to this pool article on msdn? i'll try and find it tho...

Ahh the special pool error SEEMS to have faded away (i hope) BUT i have started getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages!, again today when i was using MS word XP, and when i was installing C&C Renegade. The weird thing is that i only get it on the first boot of the computer, once the error has appeared during the first boot session then i never get it again until i next come to use the pc.. very weird! Can anyone help?

Adjust PCI Latency Timer Clock in Bios within range 64-128 and use Nvidia Detonators 27.70 or 28.32 for stability.

i have other pci related options...

master 0 ws write

pci post write

delay transaction etc

but nothing called latency clock/timer. None of the ones i have mentioned allow you to adjust values, just simply enable or disable.

Any word on the pci setting in the bios?

Anyway, ive been spending the last day messing around with the pc trying to fix this prob, and i think i am halfway there... at least.

I saw my audigy was sharing irq 5 with my gf3, so i moved the audigy into the next slot, and now they are seperated. It seems to have fixed my IRQL errors as i haven't received another one yet BUT yesterday i had a BSOD saying there was an error (not specific) but i should try freeing some space. I had a gig left on my boot drive which i thought should be fine, although i have freed a load anyway and have almost 3gig left now. My other error today was PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA... there was no specific file it was pointing to frown

My page file is set to 768mb which is correct so i have been told for 512mb of ram.

lol i find it hard to believe the amount of diff error msgs i have received... do i win a prize? laugh

PLZ some1 help me kill all these darn BSODS!

You'll be glad to know i haven'nt had any IRQL or special page pool errors since moving the audigy... just these other two now smile 2 down, 2 to go!

thx to everyone who helped/replied... you'll never guess what fixed it, i can't either. I overclocked the fsb to 138 and it's been 100% stable from that point.

Oc'ing is actually good for your PC lol?

Thanks again, great forum, quick replies smile