Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thymios

Security and firewalls

People who care about security in their machines might find this page very interesting:

http://grc.com/lt/scoreboard.htm

Overall grc.com is one of the best security related sites i've come across. Navigate through the pages and find very good sources of info relating to internet security. Also run the tests that the guy made, they can proove rather saving for your private data.

Regards,

As with everything you see and hear on the net. Take with a grain of salt. GRC.com is not the be all and end all of internet security.

Quote:

As with everything you see and hear on the net. Take with a grain of salt. GRC.com is not the be all and end all of internet security.

I never said that grc.com is be all end all. I thought that posting the specific article will help many users to have an overall idea on some things that are TESTED and not just theoretically mentioned.

As an overall i found grc.com to be very mature site, runned by pros and not people that have benefits from companies.
Do you actually something that is written in there is wrong?And if you do what's that?

So i say it again, *overall* the site is useful.Maybe there are better sites out there that you can propose to me, no doubt. I'm not advertising anybody here...

Cheers.

Grc.com likes to try and hype people up and scare them with stuff.

Leak-test itself is a joke, and he's absolutley convinced that if a firewall dosn't check outgoing data then it's useless, but a large number of experienced people disagree.. and really there's better sites that give more info with less hype out there. smile