Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Helmann

Has asus ever made a bad motherboard?

I don't think i have ever seen a coment on any forum about problems with any motherboard! I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of any problems with them. I have owned 4 so far and never had an probs. I also here alot of responses like "i installed an asus mb and my prob goes away".

Hats off to Asus i guess.

Comments appreciated.

I have owned 4 myself (P2L97, 2 P3B-Fs, and a CUSL2), and worked with many more at offices/customer sites with no problems from any of them. I tend to buy them whenever possible since they have been so reliable.

I agree with you, I finally upgraded to an Asus (P3V4X) a few months ago and am really pleased with it ! Except for one thing: temperature readings ! Whatever prog I use, Asus Probe or MBM latest...

I can't figure out why my temps are so high while playing (~60-65C°) but I can't tell the heatsink is really hot because it isn't !

I installed a good heatsink/double-fan combo (GlobalWin VOS32+) and know it is doing its job, cool things down !

Any idea to solve this behavior ?

Asus, Tyan, and SuperMicro are the top 3 motherboard manufacturers in terms of quality out there. When I overclocked with my A7V, the thing was extremely stable, and if it weren't for the KT133 not really being able to run an FSB of 133MHz, I most certainly would've gotten higher.

I think the only boards that have been bad from Asus were the i820+MTH, and that was more Intel's fault than anything else. This obviously affected everyone using the i820+MTH, and I know Asus and Intel made amends to any customer that returned the board.

ASUS, definitely.

I have had or still have ABITs, MSIs and FIC frown

You cannot compare the quality.

I have had Asus boards since the good old socket 7 T2P4. My first true o'clocker's mobo. FSB at 83 MHz with a K6 something laugh

The heavily-loaded rig below is rock-stable, he he :P :p

My Asus board went off about 3weeks ago A7V133A w/Raid. just went dead on me while i was out.No fans would get power from the board when connected to the 3pin board connectors. Also no PSU would work when connected to that board, even the psu fan didnt work.This happened with two PSU's i tried and both of them worked downstairs ok. Also my CPU Fan went off at the same time but the motherboard fan on the northbridge worked ok when on another motherboard. So strange, to this day im still puzzled by that board.Should have my new gigabyte ga-7dxr+ board tonight so i can have my own comp back smile.

well, sorry to bust ur bubble but i belive the asus a7a-266 had got some usb prob's or at least mine does

I have the Asus K7V, runs rock solid stable and is probably the best VIA KX133 board out there.

Bought an Asus A7V133 for my friend's uncle a while back, running rock solid still.

My uncle has an Asus P2B-S with integrated SCSI for his old Pentium 2-350 again another rock solid board. My school has a fleet of P4's running on Asus P4T boards and they run just fine.

I had an Abit KA7-100, it died on me, so I dislike Abit for now.