Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tim Bazzinett

Active Directory for Win98 not on CD....

I am setting up a nice sized network for a local area car dealership based around a nice windows 2000 server/active directory model. Since I am an outside contractor, I will be designating one of the more computer savvy workers, a younger guy in the parts dept, as the administrator of the domain (user admin, password resets, ect..). But, I ran into a problem. This parts guy is using windows 98 SE and I have two options, but not much time to really spend on it. One would be to upgrade him to windows 2000. This would take a few hours and I really dont have much time to do this in the time alloted. The other would be to install the Active Directory extensions for windows 98 off of the CD. This wouldnt take long, and seems to be the best answer. Now, according to Microsoft's site, the extensions should be on the windows 2000 server CD. For some reason, I dont think they are on my copy of windows 2000. So, where on the CD should they be? Where could I get a download of the complete installer off of the internet? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.