Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
whoisurdaddy

How to get rid of Audigy splash screen?

Hello. Ever since I installed that driver CD that came with my Sound Blaster Audigy card, I get this Audigy splash screen with sound during startup everytime. I've looked inside the startup folder and I don't see anything file relating to Audigy splash screen. Anyone know how to get rid of it? It is kind of annoying.

OK, I remember this setting from before but unfortunately (well, that's relative I guess :)) I don't have the software installed anymore. I think all you had to do was right click on the icon on the tray, go to "Properties" or "Settings" and there's this small checkbox around there reading "Display Screen at Startup" or something similar. Sorry I can't be more specific. frown

If you go to the Creative program group that go created you will see one that says Creative EAX click that then in the bottom right corner you will see a small creative window if you click on the small icon in the bottom right that looks like a note pad you will see a check box to enable the splash screen uncheck it and it's gone.

Thanks for the replies. I got rid of it now.

Inferno: Iw as thinking about getting Game Theater XP but it cost like $100. I paid only $45 for the Audigy and Creative cards have been doing great for me.

An Audigy card for $45?????? What did you do? You took it from a little child??? An Audidgy cost around 200$

no, an Audigy card (Player, not the one with the breakout box) is around 90 euros (or £55)over here in Greece and a friend of mine in the UK, picked it up for £50 last month. If my currency ratios are correct that should be around 75 and 68 US dollars respectively.

Keep in mind that Greece is a place that hardware doesn't come cheap, but it is still a long way from $200!

Plus a "white box" (or OEM unit) can be had for less than $50US, which would be inline with what whoisurdaddy stated.