Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
violent

IBM MediaAccess Pro keyboard (USB) install problem

ok, this is the 2nd black mediaaccess keyboard i bought -- first time i thought it was no good/broken 'cause the box had been opened but this time i figured i'd be safe.

the manual says to install the software first, then plug the usb cable and the keyboard should be detected - but all i get is installation problem occured...<sigh>

the same thing happened under win2k, now it's xp

cd comes with driver ver. 1.11M (win2k) - i tried that, then downloaded upgrade for xp from http://www.mic-innovations.com/MAProWXP.exe ....

now it's collecting dust under the table. can anyone help me?

Beginning with Control Panel, remove all occurences of the previous driver installation, including files unzipped in Temp folders and the relevant oemx.inf file in C:\Windows\Inf.

Unplug keyboard and use its PS/2 extension or another keyboard while reinstalling drivers and the upgrade. Plug the USB cable only after full software installation and wait for Windows to recognize the hardware and complete the installation.

ok, i fixed it finally

turned out i had to install additional usb header as i have too many usb devices installed --after that it detected the keyboard, no problem