Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dcxman

Stupid Outlook Express 6 question...

Morning all!

Well to say the least I've got an instructor that has a small pestering dilemma with his OE 6 settings. When he reads his new email in the preview pane window and it comes with an attachment you would see the paper clip icon in the upper right hand corner of the preview pane. When you click on the icon you see the selection of the attachment and the save attachment. He would usually choose the attachment itself and it would prompt a window asking him either to save or open it with a checkmark box (checked of course) asking if he would liked to be asked everytime this occurrs. He accidentally unchecked the box and now can't get the option to recheck that box. Is their any way to reset that selection?

Sorry to bother, I know it's a pain in the *** question but I'm gettin pain from him.

Thanx in advance.

Go to Tools>Options>Read fourth box down. Check it off if unchecked.

Hi Manyak.

I tried your suggestion but didn't find it working. Your instructions led me to a checkbox for showing ToolTips in the message list.

Thanks anyway.

Tools > Option > security

Do not allow attachments to be......... Tick or untick accordingly.

One other thing I can suggest is go to View>Layout and check off everything. Shut down OE 6 and bring it back up.

I might suggest that instructor go witb the following.

1. Contacts "unchecked"

2. Folder Bar "checked"

3. Folder List "unchecked"

4. Outlook Bar "unchecked"

5. Status Bar "checked"

6. Toolbar "checked"

7. View Bar "checked"

Preview Pane "unchecked"

Reason for this is that .jpegs can contain viruses as well as .bmps and if opened as a slideshow can infect the computer.

Thanx Manyak.

I will take a look into it and see if it has any affect. If not, the instructor will just be SOL.

Thanks again.