Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
masboy

HELP, I can not delete some folder

I have no idea, how there was a weird folder came up in my desktop. There are around 15 new folders with weird-stupid-bad-name. Something like com1, com2, com3, lpt, prn.lazerjet.hp, ````an error folder```` etc. I dont even can DELETE it madmadmad

When I tried to delete it, it gave me a msg "Cannot delete folder's name : The parameter is incorrect". confusedconfusedmadmad

What the hell is that means ??? Please somebody...help me.

I scanned my computer online in http://housecall.antivirus.com/ , they found a virus JS_EXPLOIT.M confused

What in the world is that all about ??????

thx for any help. I'd really appreciate it.

masboy

i have had this problem before, but it was only the com5 file or folder that could not be deleted, it must be a protected name of some sort in windows..

i have posted this to several places, and it took nothing short of a format to remove component 5 of my university coursework from the dirve.. component 5 shortened to com5 was budging at all..

try deleing all the others first then see if it's just com5 that wont go anywhere, if so but after all this i dont actually have an answer for it...

although i suppose you could make a new user profile, and just ignore it on desktop then (wont be on new user).. just a thought.. frown

another idea, if you're stilll on FAT then boot with a dos floppy and try to remove the file/folder that way...

for those of you that have not experience this problem, take a floppy to a win95 98 me pc and create a file called com5 on it then try to remove the file form your w2k/ xp machine..

if you dont have access to a w9x machine, then just try creating a file/folder called com5 and you will notice it doesn't allow it..

Thx a million guys for replying.

Im gonna try that way to solve it.

Thx again.

masboy

smile