Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Epson the best support i'v seen.

Quote:
I got everything with my EPSON580 USB Printer, also when they came to replace the 1st printer they gave us 2 new black and colour cartridges as a sorry for the printer being faulty. Very Good in my opinion.

This is something, as far as I am concerned that rarely happens with replacement. Especially cartridges, as they are quite pricey. Maybe if epson stopped giving them away, the cost of printers may go down :P

LOL. At least they can admit they are disposable. Next, they'll be shipping them out on six-pack rings (Dolphin-safe ones, of course).

laugh

Yeah sorry clutch, i guess we should just all make our own cables when we buy a new printer from now on, just like you.

And ive never had a bundled cable fail. Infact i dont think ive ever had any cable fail.

A remote is nothing like a printer. ;(

You guys are looking at 2 entirely different markets.

A corporate environment would rather buy it's own cables with it's printers. (Assuming that the person doing the ordering listen's to the tech who know's what they are doing ;( )

An ignorant home user stopping by Best Buy/Walmart and picking up a printer couldn't care less and a cable included would most likely work in 95% of all cases.

I'm with clutch on making your own cables and such. Pre-made cables are terrible.

Same here. Buying pre-fabbed cables is all well and good, but when I buy cables, I usually go for the most expensive cable I can buy. Why you ask??? There is a saying in car audio, your system is only as good as your weakest link, and that holds true for ANY system that uses cables.

Quote:

Yeah sorry clutch, i guess we should just all make our own cables when we buy a new printer from now on, just like you.

And ive never had a bundled cable fail. Infact i dont think ive ever had any cable fail.

Ooohhhh.... Touchy touchy...

smile

oi smile Im not touchy but saying you make your own cables......i mean come on. laugh

It was misunderstood; what I was saying is that I would rather not have the cost of some crappy cable (that you know damn well they will mark up another $5-$10US for, no matter what their cost was) when I could get my own. I was also stating that I have made my own, along with having many cables made in the past, and have yet to see one come in even remotely as low as what you were indicating (which I am sure was an exaggeration in the first place, right? :)). This is paying for something you didn't want in the first place, but you can't get out of it. Like Windows XP, some people don't want the burning software, the movie maker, Windows Messenger, etc. but it was all bundled together and priced according to the developement cost for all the components (wanted or not) and adjusted for what MS thought they could get for it. I mean hey, if I could get a slimmer corp version without movie maker and this extraneous garbage for work, it would sure make it easier when I have to make a sales pitch to upgrade some workstations.

cool