Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Rengade

i have a geforce 4, and unfortunately dont have access to curved surfaces, i suspect they're a radion 7500 / 8500 feature using their 'lets put some more polygons in the hardware layer' technology, the name of which currently escapes me

i still get these strage FPS issues

when i look away from ANY action, and infact, i find it smoothest, when everyone eles is loading, but the momment i start looking at just a few people...even walking, my fps drops to around 45

for an 1800 athlon xp with a gig of ddr 266 and a geforce 4 on a via 266a chipset mainboard, surely you'd expect a little better out of more demanding games, i love the game, but i'll be honest, i am desgusted by the shoddy general netcode / 3d engine

why did they even THINK about releasing it at such an early stage. i'm told there's another patch / addin due for the next week or two

this will incorporate flyable orcas, apache and chinooks, as well as modded maps to allow people to land on the roofs of buildings (city i'm told being one of them)

now, if this is sorted in an, in my eyes, vital addin (i've always wanted to fly an orca) all is forgiven, but should this fail, i'd not like to be on the recieving end of the e-mail pile they'll find themselves under

It would be interesting to see how one of our computers performed under windows 98 with renegade and the equivilent driver version (i use 27.70) as i know for a fact that windows 2000 has direct 3d performance issues as it is

i had this problem with renegade...ran like absolute ****, then i played with settings - turned eax off and changed res to 1024@medium-high detail and it runs like a dream

i cannot explain it, ppl at the lan even said wtf when they saw me running in high detail

athlon 650

512mb pc150 SDRAM

gf2pro

I thought the game rocked ( finished it two weeks ago ).

The only performance issue it has is in caching the entire map, it needs to have setting to allow the amount of caching to be varied, so that 'wait for the map to cache' delay problem would go away.

I think the engine is good...just needs to be more configurable.