Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

mshta.exe error after Ghost imaged drive

I want to have 2 switchable, bootable drives in 2k w/SP2 & FAT32.

Using SystemWorks 2002 I imaged the first drive and used sysprep.exe per M$ prior to imaging the drive.

I do the image, transfer the image to the other drive go through the setup, but still get the mshta.exe error when I open up add/remove programs.

To make matters worse if I disconnect the working drive, the backup drive that I just imaged wont finish loading. Explorer seems to lock up at 99% processor usage. Apparenly there are files from the first drive that are being crossed used (for lack of a better term) on the 2nd drive.

The other problem is the VIA chipset and 2k. The mod from M$ doesn't work because 2 out of the 3 keys you are to modify to get the Via chipset to work with the O/S are different that what the question deals with.

For those who don't know, the ide channels can't be hidden from the O/S in the bios. 2k still sees the drive even though I have it disabled in the bios! The M/B is a Epox EP8-KTA with a KT-133 chipset. This is M$ question #272586.

I have used Ghost with 98SE and ME and absolutly no problem with my dual drive booting setup. I have done this with 4 different systems and they all work fine. I have a backup if the frist drive goes down. I don't have to work in DOS, I can access the other drives O/S when it is not active making it easy to change, fix or replace files that might be bad.

If more info is needed please ask. Symantec said I can't have 2 bootable drives in 2k.....