Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pcdabbler

HELP File needed desperatly !!!!!!!

Am trying to repair a crashed XP Pro install at work, but don't have access to the CDrom's till tommorrow. Could someone help me out and either attach Autochk.exe or post a link for me ???? Thanks in advance ! By the way, trying to fix a STOP 0x000000ED Unmountable boot volume fault. Have booted the system with XP boot floppies, but cannot see anything in C: Think the drive is trashed ...

Chao!

Managed to run chkdsk from the conosle promt now, it has repaired the drive, but the registry is corrupt. No matter, the data on the drive has returned, thats the main thing. Still at a loss to what may have caused it though .. Virus or drive failure ? smile

I have had the worst luck with Maxtor drives "not that you are using them". looseing partition info, corrupt files, bios not seeing them on boot-up, i could go on but i just use IBM now the GXP60's and not the lest bit of trouble from them. and maxtor fans plz don't flame me there customer service is great i just have bad luck with there drives

glad to help

ZEHN

Well well well, as a follow up, it WAS a Maxtor 30gb Drive on an Asus A7V133 Motherboard that mucked up. NTFS formatted as well. Glad I don't run them at home. I'll probably get flamed for this, but just take a look around the boards about the number and diversity of problems reported, look at the specs .. VIA chipset in almost every one. Nuff Said.confused