Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

New Laptop

Well I finally took the plunge. After months of Soul searching I finally went with the COmpaq 2715US over the Dell Inspiron 8100. COmpaq had more features and the case looked a lot cooler. PLus I support the 8100's at work and they seem to have glitches, with thier mini pci cards.

ANyway what you guys think of Compaq, did I make the right choice, or no?

Let me know So I can keep it or send it back

I've only really had a long term experience with Compaq, and my dad's laptop is very good. If I bought a laptop, I'd go for compaq most likely.

I would go for dell because the c600s at work have never given me any trouble and are very ***y lookin

I had a compaq laptop, what a piece of junk. So i heard about this company who makes Sony's laptops (or so i heard) called Sager. Sager - the best notebook ever. I swear it's as close to owning a desktop as anything. Not one problem to report yet (over a year of use). Compaq, Dell, and whoever else, throw it in the trash. www.sagernotebooks.com Go there to buy your next laptop. Best damn prices i've ever seen too.

But dells look nice, authough we have had a few HDD fails, not nearly as many as on our old IBM stinkpads though frown

Well at work I have around 30 Armada E-500s ranging from the P3-500 to 933 and after 1.5 years I just had 1 of the older ones lose the pcmia slots and another one had a hard drive fail.

The MB replacement part is almost $1500!! I don't think so. I have a few agents that never hook to the network so I can issue it out the builtin modem still works fine. Replacment hard drive $200 for a 12 gig.

I started getting a few Dells have not had them long but so far so good they are Inspiron 7000 I know I know celly CPUs but like I said there running just fine. Besides how fast can Office 2000 run wink

I cant express my love of dells in words smile they look great and have lovely screens. my only complain would be the touchpads, i always hit them when typing, maybe its a prob on compaqs as well ?

New Toshiba Satellite 5005-v507 is what I have been using for the past two weeks, and it is dyn-o-mite. GF4MX graphics, 1.1ghz p3, 15" UXGA 1600x1200 display, and the best damn sound system and speaker setup you have ever heard from a laptop (Harmon Kardon, with a subwoofer). Dumped my Dell Inspiron 8100 for this one and won't be looking back.

And it was only about $2,300 or so...

:}

I love Dells too, almost worked for them too.

Anyway, I had to choose between the 8100 and 2715 and it came down to features, and also that I have anonther Compaq laptop so I can exchange stuff between the too.

We've had to send 3 brande new Dells back in the last month, also had issues with the Docking stations and WIndows 2000

Dells rock, but I don't care for Compaq's laptops or workstations (but I love their servers and handhelds).

Well, if you're looking to do any 3D gaming on it, look for a GeForce2 GO or GeForce4 GO with 32MB. smile

I took it back, The hard drive went out the second day I got it. Gonna order the damn Dell hehe