Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harlock

if you had to choose.....

which mother board would you buy?

SY-K7V DRAGON+ soyo

or

msi K7T266 Pro2-RU

im very fond of both these makers and have never had any trouble with either.the problem is i cant decide which to buy for my new comp,so im trying to get some opinions on both.btw im really not interested in any other boards,asus is good but too expensive,and ive heard nothing but bad things about iwill,abit,fic.the ones ive heard are ok,epox,gigabyte,ecs,chaintech,biostar,and tyan.ive done extensive research on all of them so my opinions are informed,but opinions none the less.anyway enough ranting smile now how bout your opinions?:D

Well, if I were limited to those two manufacturers, I might choose the SOYO as I just got one (P4S Dragon Ultra) and it's a fairly nice board. However, they seem to enjoy throwing some major curves at you (such as this evening when I updated the BIOS and found the main tweaking menu COMPLETELY overhauled to the point where I couldn't figure it out) and not clearly explaining what is going on. But, you do get a lot of nice features for the price, and my setup has been *very* stable in spite of my learning curve with regard to tweaking it.

I do have one question though, what about the KT3 Ultra from MSI? It supports DDR333 and seems to be a sharp board as well.

I have mixed information about Soyo. Many people online really like Soyo, but everyone I talk to locally, especially the shops, say that soyo is essentially crap mainly because of an apparently high failure rate. They are very cool boards, it's just that there seem to be a lot of duds.

MSI is a good company, in my experience.

I'd recommend Asus too, but they might be a bit much for you in price.

well i hadnt considered the kt333 ddr as brian pointed price is an issue,my wife is ringing my neck for spending any money at all:D the reason im choosing these 2 manufactures is becuase these are the only board makers ive ever used and ive never had problems with them ever.

on a side note are the durons worth the money?ive never used them and the only athlon ive used is my current slot a 600mhz,i know either way ill be seeing a boost,but im trying for the price performance thing again this time around so any money saved on components is more money towards others.i had hoped this time around i wouldnt have to do this but oh well.thanx for the replies so far

harlock