Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sparkhard

Please help Here are some BSODs for you guys to play with.

Ok, here is a rundown on my system lately.

I had been running XP.

In XP everything was seemengly messed up. Randomn freezes and problems with XP reading my drives on my Promise 66 card.

The frezzes I thought were from maybe cooling, but i would have RC5 running and then play a movie on WMP at the same time. After the movie would be over for well over an hour the damn thing would lock. So i assume that if it would overheat then it would do it while that **** was running.

There are a bunch of things in the GUI that i didnt like as well. (but thats another thread)

I am running 2 1.1Ghz P3 cumines. And the Tyan BIOS doesnt have the correct microcode.

Anyways, with my 2x 1.1ghz in my tiger i formatted and installed 2k. The install went fine. Then when i get into installing my hardware and DLing updates from MS i start to get wierd restarts. (the restarts were probably just BSODs because i forgot to uncheck the "restart on error thing" )

So i took out my Promise card and ran it for a while without it installed. Then i got this message while playing a game.

(0x0000412.0x06807000.0x012c2782.0xC0502000) Memory_Management.

Ok, ive never seen that before. So i figured out that the promise card couldnt have caused that error so I put it back in.

Then I was just doing a few things (like typing this thread the first time) and playing a song on winamp while AIM was running (Just everyday stuff) and I got this message.

(x5E50D204.0x0000002.0x0000000.0x804488DE) IROL_N_L_O_E.

804488DE Base at 80400000, Datestamp 3ad7ad60 - ntoskrnl.exe

I have no idea where to begin on these. I have since took out my 2x 1,1ghz and replaced it with my single P3 550. (with the idea that the invalid microcode might be causeing this crap) But that didnt solve anything. I got the same " ntoskrnl.exe" thing again.

I have gone back to Det 3s on my GF2 (i remember CS not locking up with those, but im not sure) And i have tried putting my SOUND, Promise, and NIC . in different PCI slots and switching them around.

I still get the BSODs and i am waiting for it to happen as i write this.

I have set failsafe and default settings in the BIOS and nothing helps, this seems to me to be something wierd with the 1.1ghz chips and it infected the install to where putting the 550s in there wouldnt help. (of course i have no idea WTF i am talking about in the CPU microcode thing, i am just assuming)

I will try re-flashing the BIOS and see if that helps with the microcode thing.

Can anyone tell me what those BSODs mean ? And can anyone give some advice as to what else i could try to fix this.

As always, Thank You,

Sparkhard

edit: Ok, just got another one of these while up[censored] a server list on Counter Strike,

(x5E50D204.0x0000002.0x0000000.0x804488DE) IROL_N_L_O_E.

804488DE Base at 80400000, Datestamp 3ad7ad60 - ntoskrnl.exe

with the single P3 550 so i dont thing it is the microcode.

I am seriously getting pissed off at this. I may try to reinstall windows with the 550 in there. and see if that helps.

the "IRQ Not Less Or Equal" is most certainly a device driver issue. if you go into your device mgr, under view, set it to view "resources by connection." once you do this, check out the I/O, & Memory (most probably the memory, as the hex values you're seeing are most probably memory addresses) drop down menu's until you find the code that equals what you're getting during the error/BSOD's. once you find it, you'll know which device is causing the problem. change out those drivers & see what happens.

(i'm assuming that the error codes you're getting w/the "IRQ Not Less Or Equal" are identical, or nearly so)

happened to me using beta detronators once before wink