Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BanditXL

Reset when browsing network drive

I got this strange problem. Whenever I try to acces a network drive/share my computer spontainiasly(sp?) resets. I can't figure out what the problem is. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and found a solution to it.

In some other thread I found out how to turn off the instant reset. I now get a Bluescreen with some information to work with (Never thought I would be happy to see a bluescreen, after this I hope to never see one again).

This is what I get:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

[then some useless info from MS]

Tech info:

stop 0x000000D1 (0x0200000C, 0x00000002,0x00000000, 0xF2EF237C)

tcpip.sys adress F2EF237C base at F2EF0000 Datestamp 3b7dc580

I already tried to replace the tcpip.sys with a new one from the CD, unfortunally it didn't help. So I thought I'd post this info here, hoping you guys could give a tip on what to do.

Sounds like you may want to remove TCP/IP and re-add it. It's very unusual that the stack gets corrupt but it is worth a try and 10 minutes of your time. Hope this helps....cool

I also had a similar issue with XP on a fresh load last week where the nic.sys (actually a 3c???.sys) gave me a blue screen and rebooted.

I fixed this by running Norton System Works (run and repair) directly from the CD. This fixed whatever the error was.

I had almost 85 problems with shortcuts and registry entrys on a fresh XP load...no other software but the OS!!!

Good luck!

Well, I tryed every thing and eventually just formated the drive and installed XP once again. Everything seems to be running fine now (except I can't get nero to install).

Thanx for the help smile

Nero 5.5.6.4 and up will work with XP for sure. I'm running 5564 at work and 5572 at home. Both work great.